2 St. Vincent players earn league honors
College Football Videos
St. Vincent produced two basketball players of the week recently in the Presidents' Athletic Conference.
Senior guard Chris Klimchock led the Bearcats men's team in scoring in all three of its games last week, including a career-high 29 on Saturday against Carnegie Mellon at the CMU Tournament.
The Bearcats defeated CMU, 70-66, in the opening round but lost to NCAA Division III No. 19 St. Mary's (Md.), 78-70, in the title contest.
Klimchock, a Greensburg Salem product, averaged 22.3 points, 2.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 2.0 steals during the three games. St. Vincent also defeated La Roche, 75-67, during the period.
Senior forward Devin McGrath, who became the 25th women's player to score 1,000 career points, earned a similar honor last week in the PAC.
She eclipsed the 1,000-point mark for her career in St. Vincent's 61-50 victory over La Roche in the final game of the La Roche Classic on Nov. 17.
St. Vincent (2-2) split a pair of games at the Raizk Memorial Tournament in Wilmington, Ohio, over the weekend, beating Hendrix (Ark.), 76-61, on Saturday and losing in the title game to host Wilmington, 69-60, on Sunday.
The Bearcats women's team was scheduled to open PAC play on Wednesday at Chatham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- CCAC-South softball advances to district championships
- Cal U starting over with annual spring game
- Ex-Freeport star dealing with ‘scary’ ailment returns to Mercyhurst baseball team
- Seneca Valley grads on the right track at Grove City
- College notes: Seton Hill women’s basketball inks 2
- VND campus clippings: Kittanning grad excels as Penn State Behrend decathlete