2 St. Vincent players earn league honors
College Football Videos
St. Vincent produced two basketball players of the week recently in the Presidents' Athletic Conference.
Senior guard Chris Klimchock led the Bearcats men's team in scoring in all three of its games last week, including a career-high 29 on Saturday against Carnegie Mellon at the CMU Tournament.
The Bearcats defeated CMU, 70-66, in the opening round but lost to NCAA Division III No. 19 St. Mary's (Md.), 78-70, in the title contest.
Klimchock, a Greensburg Salem product, averaged 22.3 points, 2.7 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 2.0 steals during the three games. St. Vincent also defeated La Roche, 75-67, during the period.
Senior forward Devin McGrath, who became the 25th women's player to score 1,000 career points, earned a similar honor last week in the PAC.
She eclipsed the 1,000-point mark for her career in St. Vincent's 61-50 victory over La Roche in the final game of the La Roche Classic on Nov. 17.
St. Vincent (2-2) split a pair of games at the Raizk Memorial Tournament in Wilmington, Ohio, over the weekend, beating Hendrix (Ark.), 76-61, on Saturday and losing in the title game to host Wilmington, 69-60, on Sunday.
The Bearcats women's team was scheduled to open PAC play on Wednesday at Chatham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Pirates notebook: Marte to begin rehab stint at Triple-A Saturday
- First Draft: Iron City recognizes need to get crafty
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Spaling, Penguins agree to $4.4 million deal
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- Extra cash? Andrew Carnegie’s waterfront mansion in Florida is up for grabs