District women's roundup: Duquesne women keep Robert Morris winless
College Football Videos
Duquesne 61, Robert Morris 47 — Jocelyn Floyd led Duquesne (6-1) with 14 points, eight rebounds and six assists in its nonconference win against winless Robert Morris (0-7). Wumi Agunbiade had 13 points and five rebounds, and Orsi Szecsi had 11 points and eight rebounds for Duquesne. The Dukes have won four of the past five meetings against Robert Morris. Artemis Spanou paced the Colonials with 15 points and 12 rebounds, and freshman Lou Mataly had 10 points, five rebounds and four assists.
No. 6 Penn State 101, Fairleigh Dickinson 44 — Maggie Lucas scored 24 points and Ariel Edwards had 18 — all in the second half — as Penn State (6-1) routed Fairleigh Dickinson (1-5) in a nonconference game. Making their first starts for Penn State, Dara Taylor and Talia East scored 15 and 11 points, respectively.
No. 25 West Virginia 54, Virginia 47 — West Virginia (4-2) overcame a nine-point first-half deficit to defeat Virginia (5-2) behind Christal Caldwell's 19 points. Taylor Palmer added 11 points for the Mountaineers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Kenna honored by ORLC
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Franklin Regional grad Smith competes at NCAA wrestling tournament
- Thomas Jefferson grad wraps up impressive Penn State Fayette career
- Campus clippings: Ailing back doesn’t slow Allegheny’s Killian
- Soccer career continues for Springdale grad Weimerskirch
- Serra’s Miller thriving at Seton Hill after rough 1st season