District women's roundup: Duquesne women keep Robert Morris winless
College Football Videos
Duquesne 61, Robert Morris 47 — Jocelyn Floyd led Duquesne (6-1) with 14 points, eight rebounds and six assists in its nonconference win against winless Robert Morris (0-7). Wumi Agunbiade had 13 points and five rebounds, and Orsi Szecsi had 11 points and eight rebounds for Duquesne. The Dukes have won four of the past five meetings against Robert Morris. Artemis Spanou paced the Colonials with 15 points and 12 rebounds, and freshman Lou Mataly had 10 points, five rebounds and four assists.
No. 6 Penn State 101, Fairleigh Dickinson 44 — Maggie Lucas scored 24 points and Ariel Edwards had 18 — all in the second half — as Penn State (6-1) routed Fairleigh Dickinson (1-5) in a nonconference game. Making their first starts for Penn State, Dara Taylor and Talia East scored 15 and 11 points, respectively.
No. 25 West Virginia 54, Virginia 47 — West Virginia (4-2) overcame a nine-point first-half deficit to defeat Virginia (5-2) behind Christal Caldwell's 19 points. Taylor Palmer added 11 points for the Mountaineers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fox Chapel grad nabs all-conference women’s soccer honor at Allegheny
- Cal U 2014-15 Hall of Fame class set
- Vulcan women perfect in PSAC
- Jeannette native vying for D-III football title with Mount Union
- Campus clippings: Pitt-Greensburg’s Heinle named player of the week
- District college notes: SVC’s Mathers gets PAC honor
- District college notebook: Bowman’s hat trick comes in milestone wins for PSU women’s hockey