District women’s roundup: Duquesne women keep Robert Morris winless
Published: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Duquesne 61, Robert Morris 47 — Jocelyn Floyd led Duquesne (6-1) with 14 points, eight rebounds and six assists in its nonconference win against winless Robert Morris (0-7). Wumi Agunbiade had 13 points and five rebounds, and Orsi Szecsi had 11 points and eight rebounds for Duquesne. The Dukes have won four of the past five meetings against Robert Morris. Artemis Spanou paced the Colonials with 15 points and 12 rebounds, and freshman Lou Mataly had 10 points, five rebounds and four assists.
No. 6 Penn State 101, Fairleigh Dickinson 44 — Maggie Lucas scored 24 points and Ariel Edwards had 18 — all in the second half — as Penn State (6-1) routed Fairleigh Dickinson (1-5) in a nonconference game. Making their first starts for Penn State, Dara Taylor and Talia East scored 15 and 11 points, respectively.
No. 25 West Virginia 54, Virginia 47 — West Virginia (4-2) overcame a nine-point first-half deficit to defeat Virginia (5-2) behind Christal Caldwell's 19 points. Taylor Palmer added 11 points for the Mountaineers.
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski players boost Allegheny College softball
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill falls short of D-II World Series
- Bangor follows in father’s footsteps to NCAA D-III golf championships
- Seneca Valley’s Bilka named D-III honorable mention
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- Rawlins transferring from WVU
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.