District college notebook: IUP coordinator wins award
College Football Videos
• Indiana (Pa.) defensive coordinator Paul Tortorella was named the FootballScoop Division II Coordinator of the Year. He ran a unit that ranked first in the nation in total defense and scoring defense.
• Waynesburg senior tight end Adam Moses was a fourth-team All-America selection by D3football.com.
• The 12th-ranked Indiana (Pa.) women's basketball team (7-1, 3-1) beat 22nd-ranked Bloomsburg, 68-54, on Tuesday in a matchup of two of the top Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference teams. Bloomsburg fell to 5-2, 2-2.
• The Point Park women's basketball team (10-2, 4-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) won two home games in less than 24 hours. The Pioneers defeated Asbury (Ky.), 63-56, on Monday before upending Midway (Ky.), 53-47, on Tuesday.
• Oakland Catholic's Nicole Johnson signed a letter of intent with the Division II Edinboro women's basketball team.
• Last week, Grove City senior guard Leah Gibson became the 11th player in school history to eclipse 1,000 career points.
• West Virginia junior wrestler Nathan Pennesi (Latrobe) placed third at 141 pounds in the Reno Tournament of Champions on Sunday in Nevada.
• The 20th-ranked Edinboro wrestling team beat 10th-ranked Northwestern, 22-15, on Sunday. Sophomore A.J. Schopp earned his 50th career victory for the Fighting Scots.
• Clarion wrestler James Fleming (West Mifflin), ranked third in the country at 157 pounds, lost to second-ranked Jason Welch of Northwestern via major decision Sunday.
• Junior goaltender Jordan Tibbett made a career-high 42 saves to help the Mercyhurst men's hockey team beat Clarkson, 3-1, on Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Seton Hill women look to improve on 5-win PSAC season
- Campus clippings: Cratsenberg has 17-tackle game for VMI
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- Experienced lineup to guide St. Vincent women’s team
- District college roundup: Waynesburg hands playoff-bound W&J first loss
- Edinboro swimmers have strong Alle-Kiski Valley pedigree