Junior Papich leading the way for Gannon women
College Football Videos
Gannon junior 6-foot-1 forward Jenny Papich (Fox Chapel) scored a game-high 18 points and grabbed six rebounds in an 82-60 victory over Walsh. Papich, who posted 25 points against Ursuline and 24 against East Stroudsburg, is averaging 13.8 points and 6.0 rebounds for Gannon (11-1), which is ranked No. 8 in the Division II coaches' poll.
Gannon has won 10 in a row and will play 17 consecutive games against Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference teams.
Men's basketball — Drake
Freshman point guard Micah Mason (Highlands) has the third-best 3-point percentage in the country among Division I players. He has made 14 of 24 attempts (58 percent). Mason has made three consecutive starts for the Bulldogs.
Wrestling — Pitt-Johnstown
Sophomore Travis McKillop (Burrell) won the championship at 184 pounds at the Rose Bowl of Wrestling at Wilkes College, pinning top-seeded Francisco Merante of Nassau Community College (N.Y.) in 2:56 in the finals.
McKillop is 8-1 this season, also winning a title at the Washington & Jefferson Invitational.
Football — Ohio University
Redshirt junior tight end Troy Hill (Valley) finished the season with 14 receptions for 169 yards and three touchdowns. The Bobcats (8-4) put up 556 yards of offense and topped Louisiana-Monroe, 45-14, in the Independence Bowl.
Jacksonville Jaguars rookie wide receiver Toney Clemons (Valley) made his first career start Sunday in a 38-20 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Clemons, drafted by the Steelers in April and signed by the Jaguars (2-14) last month, finished the season with three catches for 41 yards in four games.
Veteran official Tom Stabile, of Tarentum, was the head linesman in the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus clippings: Knoch product Sanks wastes no time at EKU
- Freeport twins take same collegiate path
- District roundup: Duquesne puts scare into Buffalo
- Bush excited for position switch at St. Francis (Pa.)
- PSAC West schools commonly outspend eastern foes
- Washington & Jefferson football team is set to make some D-III history
- Jeannette grad Cox, Michigan State not looking past season opener
- PSU Greater Allegheny names Care men’s basketball coach
- Robert Morris falls to Eastern Kentucky in Banaszak’s coaching debut