College notes: Seton Hill women have won seven straight
College Football Videos
Seton Hill University women's basketball team stretched its winning streak to seven with a 71-61 victory over Notre Dame (Ohio) on Saturday.
After an 0-4 start to the season, the Griffins are 7-4 heading into Saturday's scheduled West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference game against visiting Wheeling Jesuit.
Junior forward Katie Gattuso led Seton Hill with 16 points and 16 rebounds, her seventh double-double of the season. She also added five assists.
Monday, she was named the WVIAC Player of the Week.
UPG sets records
Pitt-Greensburg sizzled in the men's basketball consolation game of the Bluffton (Ohio) Holiday Tournament on Saturday and came away with a 130-58 rout of Wright State-Lake.
UPG (4-8) set a tournament record for points in a game and established single-game school marks for 3-pointers made (18) and assists (42) in ending a five-game losing streak.
The Bobcats shot 61.3 percent (49 for 80), including 58.1 (18 for 31) from 3-point range. A total of seven players scored in double figures, led by sophomore guard Brian Heinle's 19 points.
“To score that many points with not one player scoring over 20 points, plus assisting on 42 of 49 field goals, shows we really did a good job of sharing the ball,” UPG coach Sean Strickland said.
UPG dropped a 90-50 decision to Ohio Wesleyan in the tournament opener Friday. The Bobcats play Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference opponents D'Youville on Saturday and Medaille on Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus clippings: Freeport grad big hit for Clarion volleyball
- Penn State Fayette volleyball team eyes more success
- District college notes: Palonder leads SVC men to win
- District college notebook: Brett leads Colonials in tournament
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) rallies, but loses on OT field goal
- Franklin Regional’s Jonov out of Bucknell football lineup with knee injury
- District college notebook: Duquesne women’s cross country team picked to defend A-10 title
- District college notes: Hempfield grad Nania has career game for YSU
- Thomas Jefferson grad Ruffing named PAC offensive player of the week
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area graduate Kylie Jackson hitting her stride for St. Francis
- Jeannette grad Craft makes impressive debut at RB for St. Vincent