District college notes: Seton Hill baseball ranked 13th in preseason poll
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, 8:58 p.m.
Seton Hill University was ranked No. 13 in a preseason poll of NCAA Division II baseball teams by D2baseballnews.com.
The Griffins were one of three Atlantic Region teams appearing in the poll, joining No. 14 Shippensburg and No. 15 Mercyhurst.
Earlier, Seton Hill was ranked No. 27 in the preseason by Collegiate Baseball News.
Three starting pitchers, including West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference pitcher of the year Alex Haines, return for Seton Hill, which will open Feb. 16 at Francis Marion, ranked No. 7 by Collegiate Baseball News.
For the second time, the Seton Hill men's lacrosse team earned a No. 7 preseason ranking.
Lax Magazine has rated Seton Hill No. 7 in its preseason poll, matching the previous No. 7 ranking for the Griffins by Inside Lacrosse Face-Off Yearbook.
Seton Hill was ranked No. 8 in the final national polls in 2012 after posting a 12-4 record.
Seton Hill junior honored
Seton Hill junior forward Katie Gattuso was named co-WVIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week.
The 6-footer scored 21 points and grabbed 18 rebounds against Wheeling Jesuit for her fourth straight double-double. The Griffins have won eight in a row.
Gattuso's 18 rebounds were the most in the WVIAC this season and the most by a WVIAC player since last March.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette’s Paulone ends college football career
- District college notebook: Hot-shooting Apke of W&J named PAC player of week
- Cal U women top Mercyhurst, 71-66
- Lofty goals for Gannon women’s basketball team
- Seneca Valley grad DeAugustino strengthens Grove City soccer’s defense
- Pitt-Greensburg hockey team ranked fourth in nation
- District college notes: Seton Hill’s Katarski lands 1st recruit
- Penn State Fayette men’s and women’s basketball teams each win
- Burrell alum Josh Hanna a part of historic football season at Gallaudet
- Mars’ Brueckner wins second straight PSAC award with Gannon, has eyes on bigger prize
- Knoch’s McTighe making mark at Lafayette