Connellsville graduate Nedley earns PAC honor
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 12:41 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 10, 2013
Alan Nedley, a 2009 Connellsville graduate and a member of the Westminster College swim team, was named the Presidents' Athletic Conference Men's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Scholar Athlete of the Month for December.
Nedley, a senior, is a three-time All-PAC first-team honoree. He took second in the 200 butterfly (1:55.20) and was part of the third-place team in the 400 medley relay (3:28.72) at the College of Wooster Invitational. He is co-captain of the men's team and has helped the team go 5-0.
Nedley is a member of the Fresh Start Team (freshmen orientation), Student Life and Athletic Council at Westminster. He is also the president of the Westminster College SAAC. Nedley is a business administration major and has a 3.343 GPA.
The SAAC Scholar Athlete of the Month Award is based on academic and athletic accomplishments. Honorees must be a junior or senior and a member of a varsity sports team while maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA. The honorees must be actively involved in their campus community as well.
- Pitt runner Nkanata chases 200 title at NCAA East Regionals
- District college notes: Penn State’s Agee selected for USA Basketball U19 world championship team
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- Conference title caps season for Plum grad, distance runner Lydon
- Seton Hill hires women’s lacrosse coach to replace late Quigley
- Colleges notes: Pitt-Greensburg softball players named all-conference
- Seneca Valley’s Bilka named D-III honorable mention
- District college notes: Pitt’s Nkanata runs second-fastest time in 200
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski players boost Allegheny College softball
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill 1 win away from World Series
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill falls short of D-II World Series
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.