Campus clippings: Saunders named third-team
By Staff Reports
Published: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 10:30 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 22, 2013
Slippery Rock's “lockdown corner” has locked down an impressive award.
Junior Anthony Saunders (Valley) was named to the Don Hansen Division II All-Super Region third team.
The 5-foot-10 cornerback led the PSAC and ranked 11th nationally in Division II in pass breakups with 17. He had three interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.
Indoor track and field
Junior Nick Gentile (Freeport) ran the anchor leg of the winning 3,200-meter relay team at the Penn State Relays.
Gentile and his teammates ran a school-record time of 7:44.37. Gentile had the team's fastest split time at 1:53.
Through 13 games, freshman guard Micah Mason (Highlands) was leading NCAA Division I in 3-point shooting, at a remarkable 60 percent (21-for-35).
Mason has appeared in 14 games, including six starts for the Bulldogs (7-9). He is averaging 6.4 points and 17.4 minutes per game.
Penn State Behrend
Junior guard Hannah Novotny (Knoch) is averaging 15.4 minutes per game for the Lions (8-5, 6-2). She made a pair of key free throws to help the Lions maintain their lead in a 72-56 victory over La Roche, which previously was undefeated in conference play.
- Connellsville grad Uher has solid freshman year at Pitt-Greensburg
- Seneca Valley’s Bilka named D-III honorable mention
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski players boost Allegheny College softball
- Colleges notebook: Seton Hill lacrosse players recognized
- Rawlins transferring from WVU
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill stays unbeaten
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill 1 win away from World Series
- Despite loss at regional tournament, Seton Hill baseball has promising future
- Conference title caps season for Plum grad, distance runner Lydon
- Pitt runner Nkanata chases 200 title at NCAA East Regionals
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.