District college notes: Seton Hill football players recognized
College Football Videos
Three Seton Hill football players have been named to the Don Hansen's NCAA Division II All-Super Region One teams. They are sophomore linebacker Tyler Zimmer (first team), sophomore wide receiver Niko Hall-Brown (second team) and senior wide receiver DJ Carter (third team).
Zimmer, who earlier received first-team All-America and all-Super Region One honors from Daktronics, led Seton Hill with a school-record 121 tackles in 2012.
Carter and Hall-Brown ranked 1-2 in receptions and receiving yards for the Griffins.
Carter led the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference with a school-record 84 catches and finished 954 yards and four touchdowns. Hall-Brown had 69 receptions for a league-leading, school-record 1,009 yards and five touchdowns.
The Don Hansen team carries out a legacy of the longtime small college football advocate, who died in 2010.
Three in a row
After another spectacular week of play, Seton Hill's Katie Gattuso recently earned her third WVIAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week Award in a row.
It is Gattuso's fourth such WVIAC honor of the season. She is the first WVIAC women's basketball player to earn three consecutive awards since Charleston standout Lisa Lee did it during the 2004-05 season.
Gattuso, a 6-foot junior forward from Seton-La Salle, had a run of seven consecutive double-double performances and 11 for the year.
A pair of baseball camps are scheduled in the area in the coming weeks.
St. Vincent College will sponsor its Winter Baseball Clinic for players ages 7-18 from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday and Feb. 9 at the Carey Center Gymnasium.
The cost is $65 per player.
The sessions will be under the direction of the college's baseball coaching staff and players.
Further information can be obtained by calling 724-805-2396.
Westmoreland County Community College will conduct various baseball clinics in February.
Group and individual instruction will be available from the WCCC coaching staff for players 6-18 at the school's gymnasium.
The registration cost is $40.
Additional information can be obtained by calling the school's Registration Center at 800-262-2103.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IUP, Batts win fourth straight
- No. 25 Slippery Rock wins shootout over Cal (Pa.)
- Springdale grads help lead Point Park soccer program
- District football roundup: Clarion gets by Edinboro for 6-0 start
- Jeannette grad Craft running hard for St. Vincent football team
- College notes: PAC honors St. Vincent’s Czapski
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Harbert to retire at end of season
- District college notebook: Geneva women’s volleyball team keeps rolling
- Slippery Rock, Cal U in huge showdown
- Senior laden Robert Morris men’s hockey team hopes to erase last season’s disappointment
- District college football preview: Cal (Pa.) visits Slippery Rock in PSAC clash