College basketball roundup: No. 5 Louisville falls at Villanova
College Football Videos
PHILADELPHIA — Achraf Yacoubou hit the tiebreaking 3-pointer late in the second half to help Villanova upset No. 5 Louisville, 73-65, on Tuesday night.
The Wildcats (12-7, 3-3 Big East) led by as many as 10 points in the first half and rallied late in the second to send the Cardinals (16-3, 4-2) to their second straight loss. Louisville had an 11-game winning streak end in a 70-68 loss to Syracuse on Saturday.
No. 3 Kansas 59, No. 11 Kansas State 55 — In Manhattan, Kan., Travis Releford scored 12 points and Kansas (17-1, 5-0) held off Kansas State (15-3, 4-1) to take over sole possession of first place in the Big 12.
No. 13 Michigan State 49, Wisconsin 47 — In Madison, Wis., Keith Appling scored 19 points and Branden Dawson added 18 to lead the Spartans (17-3, 6-1 Big Ten) over the Badgers (13-6, 4-2).
No. 14 Ohio State 72, Iowa 63 — In Columbus, Ohio, Deshaun Thomas, who missed part of the second half with a cut above his eye, scored 16 points and the Buckeyes (14-4, 4-2 Big Ten) built a big lead and held on to beat Iowa (13-6, 2-4).
Wake Forest 86, No. 18 N.C. State 84 — In Winston-Salem, N.C., freshman Devin Thomas had a season-high 25 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks to help the Demon Deacons (10-8, 3-3 ACC) upset the Wolfpack (15-4, 4-2).
No. 22 Missouri 71, South Carolina 65 — In Columbia, Mo., Earnest Ross and Jabari Brown hit key 3-pointers in the final 1:11 and Missouri (14-4, 3-2 SEC) overcame 5-for-27 shooting from long range and a 13-point second-half deficit to beat the Gamecocks (11-7, 1-4).
Texas Tech 77, West Virginia 73 (OT) — In Morgantown, W.Va., Shauntal Nobles of Texas Tech (15-4, 5-4 Big 12) hit a game-tying layup with 7 seconds to play in regulation and West Virginia (11-7, 3-4) never led in overtime.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus clippings: Ailing back doesn’t slow Allegheny’s Killian
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Munhall’s Strom helps Cal (Pa.) rise to the top
- Thomas Jefferson grad wraps up impressive Penn State Fayette career
- Seeing divers succeed drives Clarion coach
- Penn State Greater Allegheny freshman makes mark
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area graduate Antone productive at plate for Winthrop
- Soccer career continues for Springdale grad Weimerskirch
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- California dreamin’ ... of national title
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title