District roundup: WVU falls at Oklahoma State
College Football Videos
STILLWATER, Okla. — Freshman Phil Forte scored a career-high 26 points, Markel Brown added 24 and Oklahoma State (13-5, 3-3 Big 12) rallied from 13 points down to rout West Virginia, 80-66, on Saturday.
Eron Harris scored 17 points to lead the Mountaineers (9-10, 2-4), who never got closer than 11 over the final 10 minutes.
“They made shots that we didn't,” WVU coach Bob Huggins said. “We kind of helped them.”
No. 14 Ohio State 65, Penn State 51 – In University Park, Sam Thompson scored 16 points on 6-of-7 shooting, and Ohio State (15-4, 5-2 Big Ten) took advantage of cold-shooting Penn State.
Jermaine Marshall scored 16 points for the Nittany Lions (8-12, 0-8), who lost their 18th in a row to the Buckeyes.
No. 24 Iowa State 53, West Virginia 49 — In Morgantown, W.Va., Hallie Christofferson had 23 points as Iowa State (14-4, 5-3 Big 12) topped West Virginia (11-8, 3-5).
Georgetown 69, Pitt 57 — In Washington, Brianna Kiesel had 22 points and a career-high 10 rebounds, but Pitt (9-10, 0-6) lost its 26th Big East regular-season game in a row, falling to Georgetown (12-8, 3-4).
Robert Morris 61, Mount St. Mary's 59 — Freshman guard Lou Mataly scored a season-high 22 points, capped by a game-winning basket with 1.9 seconds to play as Robert Morris (4-14, 3-4 Northeast Conference) beat Mount St. Mary's (8-10, 4-3) at Sewall Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: Bowman’s hat trick comes in milestone wins for PSU women’s hockey
- Campus clippings: Pitt-Greensburg’s Heinle named player of the week
- College notebook: Seton Hill baseball team signs 4
- Fox Chapel grad nabs all-conference women’s soccer honor at Allegheny
- Jeannette native vying for D-III football title with Mount Union
- Cal U 2014-15 Hall of Fame class set