District roundup: WVU falls at Oklahoma State
College Football Videos
STILLWATER, Okla. — Freshman Phil Forte scored a career-high 26 points, Markel Brown added 24 and Oklahoma State (13-5, 3-3 Big 12) rallied from 13 points down to rout West Virginia, 80-66, on Saturday.
Eron Harris scored 17 points to lead the Mountaineers (9-10, 2-4), who never got closer than 11 over the final 10 minutes.
“They made shots that we didn't,” WVU coach Bob Huggins said. “We kind of helped them.”
No. 14 Ohio State 65, Penn State 51 – In University Park, Sam Thompson scored 16 points on 6-of-7 shooting, and Ohio State (15-4, 5-2 Big Ten) took advantage of cold-shooting Penn State.
Jermaine Marshall scored 16 points for the Nittany Lions (8-12, 0-8), who lost their 18th in a row to the Buckeyes.
No. 24 Iowa State 53, West Virginia 49 — In Morgantown, W.Va., Hallie Christofferson had 23 points as Iowa State (14-4, 5-3 Big 12) topped West Virginia (11-8, 3-5).
Georgetown 69, Pitt 57 — In Washington, Brianna Kiesel had 22 points and a career-high 10 rebounds, but Pitt (9-10, 0-6) lost its 26th Big East regular-season game in a row, falling to Georgetown (12-8, 3-4).
Robert Morris 61, Mount St. Mary's 59 — Freshman guard Lou Mataly scored a season-high 22 points, capped by a game-winning basket with 1.9 seconds to play as Robert Morris (4-14, 3-4 Northeast Conference) beat Mount St. Mary's (8-10, 4-3) at Sewall Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne women eye run at Atlantic 10 title, NCAA tournament
- Point Park basketball player finds home-court advantage
- Cal U men honor Dana Zajicek
- District college notes: Seton Hill sweeps lacrosse awards
- WCCC women’s basketball team captures 3rd straight conference championship
- W&J softball team likes underdog role
- Campus clippings: Schrecongost, Stein excel at PSAC swimming championships
- District college notebook: Pine-Richland’s Giordano wins gold at ACC championships
- District college notes: St. Vincent women open PAC tournament Friday