Local college notes: St. Vincent athletes named to honor roll
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
A total of 36 St. Vincent College student-athletes have been named to the Presidents' Athletic Conference Academic Honor Roll for the fall 2012 semester for attaining a grade-point average of at least 3.6 during the period.
Cross country men: Lucas Briola, Sawyer Palonder and Justin Petrovich.
Cross country women: Megan Blake, Gloria Bullock (Greensburg Salem), Genie Fratto, Emily Helbling, Kayla Kuntz, Allyson Lambert, Rebecca Leonard, Alicia Pytlak and Beth Anne Wieber.
Football: Zach Capobianco, Domenic DeYulis, James Haggerty, Alex Peffley and Sam Walters.
Soccer men: Robert Tokarski.
Soccer women: Elly Colvin, Catherine Czapski, Kelsey Farrand, Emily Johns, Cassie Overly (Hempfield) and Rebecca Sandor.
Tennis women: Kylie Auman, Amanda Gans, Amanda Marker, Jessica McKetta, Stephanie Rubin and Regina Woloshun.
Volleyball women: Anna Christy, Katie Kohler, Megan Lucas, Jordan Pogue, Ariel Rocco and Emily Rosati.
Players of the week
St. Vincent College had two basketball players honored by the Presidents' Athletic Conference Monday as athletes of the week. Junior guard Isaac Turner averaged 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2 steals, as the SVC men went 2-0 last week. Senior forward Devin McGrath (OLSH), a player of the year candidate, averaged 16 points, 12.5 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 3.5 blocks and 3 steals, shooting 50 percent in two games last week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: St. Vincent baseball sweeps Grove City
- Norwin graduates help IUP men’s club volleyball to high finish at nationals
- Virginia Tech swimmer builds on Mars prep career
- Campus Clippings: Freeport graduate Gentile on the run at Robert Morris
- Several groups of local sisters, led by Carlow’s Youngs, pair up at college level
- 9 state universities challenged over athletic opportunities for women