St. Vincent guard earns honor
College Football Videos
St. Vincent College senior guard Chris Klimchock has been named a Capital One Academic All-District 4 first-team men's basketball selection by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).
The Greensburg Salem High School graduate is eligible for national academic All-America honors, which will be voted upon later in February.
Klimchock, a psychology major at St. Vincent, was ranked fourth in scoring (15.5 ppg.) in the Presidents' Athletic Conference and was leading the league in assists (3.8 apg.) and assists-to-turnover ratio (1.9).
CoSIDA requires a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.30 as a sophomore in athletics and academics to be eligible for honors, and nominees must have participated as a starter or valuable reserve in 50 percent of their team's games.
District 4 includes NCAA Division III schools in Pennsylvania.
WCCC baseball clinic
Former Oakland Athletics and Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha will be the guest speaker for a baseball coaching clinic for youth programs being hosted by Westmoreland County Community College from noon to 6 p.m. March 3 at the Youngwood Campus gymnasium. Registration cost is $40 per coach. A $250 contribution covers the cost for all coaches from an organization. Call the WCCC Registration Center at 800-262-2103 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- SF grad Vock looks to build on successful junior year with Behrend soccer
- EF big man Prota part of Pitt-Johnstown’s incoming hoops class
- W&J’s Crossey receiving preseason All-American honors
- Slippery Rock’s McGraw wants to put program on solid ground
- Chatham baseball prepares for debut season in 2016
- Shasko aims for fitness, improvement in 2nd season as St. Vincent women’s soccer coach