Late 3-pointer lifts Point Park women past Daemen
By Staff Report
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 9:47 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 2, 2013
Senior guard April Austin hit a 3-pointer with .4 seconds remaining to lift Point Park past Daemen College, 54-52, Friday night at CCAC-South.
Austin, a North Catholic graduate, finished with 15 points.
Point Park (19-4) led, 24-19, at halftime before having to rally in the waning seconds.
Sophomore forward Ja'Nia McPhatter led Point Park with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Junior guard/forward Katresa Savisky added 10 points.
Daemen dropped to 20-7.
The game was a rematch of last year's AMC Tournament finals game won by Point Park, 60-48.
Point Park raised $3,380 on Friday as part of its Play 4Kay effort to raise money and awareness for women's cancers and the WBCA's Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Pioneers coach Tony Grenek shaved his head at midcourt after the game in support of those battling cancer because the team reached its goal of $3,000.
Point Park 83, Cincinnati Christian 70 — In Cincinnati, Point Park eased past Cincinnati Christian in a Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference game. The Pioneers improved to 12-8, 5-6.
- Colleges notebook: Seton Hill lacrosse players recognized
- Despite loss at regional tournament, Seton Hill baseball has promising future
- Pitt runner Nkanata chases 200 title at NCAA East Regionals
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- District college notes: Pitt’s Nkanata runs second-fastest time in 200
- Conference title caps season for Plum grad, distance runner Lydon
- Seton Hill hires women’s lacrosse coach to replace late Quigley
- District college notes: Penn State’s Agee selected for USA Basketball U19 world championship team
- Colleges notes: Pitt-Greensburg softball players named all-conference
- College notebook: St. Vincent standouts honored
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill stays unbeaten
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.