Late 3-pointer lifts Point Park women past Daemen
College Football Videos
Senior guard April Austin hit a 3-pointer with .4 seconds remaining to lift Point Park past Daemen College, 54-52, Friday night at CCAC-South.
Austin, a North Catholic graduate, finished with 15 points.
Point Park (19-4) led, 24-19, at halftime before having to rally in the waning seconds.
Sophomore forward Ja'Nia McPhatter led Point Park with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Junior guard/forward Katresa Savisky added 10 points.
Daemen dropped to 20-7.
The game was a rematch of last year's AMC Tournament finals game won by Point Park, 60-48.
Point Park raised $3,380 on Friday as part of its Play 4Kay effort to raise money and awareness for women's cancers and the WBCA's Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Pioneers coach Tony Grenek shaved his head at midcourt after the game in support of those battling cancer because the team reached its goal of $3,000.
Point Park 83, Cincinnati Christian 70 — In Cincinnati, Point Park eased past Cincinnati Christian in a Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference game. The Pioneers improved to 12-8, 5-6.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Point Park soccer sets sights on NAIA tourney
- District college notebook: Penn State women’s soccer team off to good start
- Vensel excited for D-I opportunity at St. Francis
- No rest for ex-Kittanning wrestler Nolf
- Norwin grad ready for 2nd season with Clarion volleyball
- Former California (Pa.) star Knox takes skills to CFL