Late 3-pointer lifts Point Park women past Daemen
College Football Videos
Senior guard April Austin hit a 3-pointer with .4 seconds remaining to lift Point Park past Daemen College, 54-52, Friday night at CCAC-South.
Austin, a North Catholic graduate, finished with 15 points.
Point Park (19-4) led, 24-19, at halftime before having to rally in the waning seconds.
Sophomore forward Ja'Nia McPhatter led Point Park with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Junior guard/forward Katresa Savisky added 10 points.
Daemen dropped to 20-7.
The game was a rematch of last year's AMC Tournament finals game won by Point Park, 60-48.
Point Park raised $3,380 on Friday as part of its Play 4Kay effort to raise money and awareness for women's cancers and the WBCA's Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Pioneers coach Tony Grenek shaved his head at midcourt after the game in support of those battling cancer because the team reached its goal of $3,000.
Point Park 83, Cincinnati Christian 70 — In Cincinnati, Point Park eased past Cincinnati Christian in a Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference game. The Pioneers improved to 12-8, 5-6.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PSU Greater Allegheny names Care men’s basketball coach
- District college notebook: Crouse scores in debut for 24th-ranked PSU
- Bush excited for position switch at St. Francis (Pa.)
- Freeport twins take same collegiate path
- Robert Morris falls to Eastern Kentucky in Banaszak’s coaching debut
- District roundup: Duquesne puts scare into Buffalo