Late 3-pointer lifts Point Park women past Daemen
College Football Videos
Senior guard April Austin hit a 3-pointer with .4 seconds remaining to lift Point Park past Daemen College, 54-52, Friday night at CCAC-South.
Austin, a North Catholic graduate, finished with 15 points.
Point Park (19-4) led, 24-19, at halftime before having to rally in the waning seconds.
Sophomore forward Ja'Nia McPhatter led Point Park with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Junior guard/forward Katresa Savisky added 10 points.
Daemen dropped to 20-7.
The game was a rematch of last year's AMC Tournament finals game won by Point Park, 60-48.
Point Park raised $3,380 on Friday as part of its Play 4Kay effort to raise money and awareness for women's cancers and the WBCA's Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Pioneers coach Tony Grenek shaved his head at midcourt after the game in support of those battling cancer because the team reached its goal of $3,000.
Point Park 83, Cincinnati Christian 70 — In Cincinnati, Point Park eased past Cincinnati Christian in a Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference game. The Pioneers improved to 12-8, 5-6.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Valley grad Brennan leads W&J tennis team into PAC finals
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’
- After long wait to be a starter, Forsythe producing big yards for Waynesburg
- District football preview: The Rock, IUP look to keep pace in PSAC West
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- District college notebook: Springdale grad becomes LaRoche’s all-time men’s soccer scorer
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- Jeannette grad, Mount Union not taking opponent lightly in ‘mismatch”
- District college notebook: Debo sets Edinboro career goals record