Former St. Vincent, Latrobe coach inducted into the Pennsylvania Wrestling Hall of Fame
College Football Videos
Tom Harbert, the former longtime wrestling coach at St. Vincent College and Latrobe High School, has been selected for induction into the Pennsylvania Wrestling Hall of Fame.
Harbert, who served eight years at St. Vincent and 20 years at Latrobe, will be inducted May 19 at the Ramada Inn in State College in Centre County as part of the hall's Class of 2013.
Harbert's Latrobe teams compiled a record of 202-87-5 and produced 49 section champions, seven WPIAL champions, 17 PIAA qualifiers and 10 PIAA placewinners.
As a wrestler, Harbert won a section championship at Wilkinsburg in 1960 and was a four-year letterman at NCAA Division II Shippensburg, winning a 115-pound Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference championship.
Harbert, who currently serves as women's cross country coach at St. Vincent, was named WPIAL wrestling coach of the year in 1985.
He previously was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame for Lifetime Service, Shippensburg University Athletic Hall of Fame, Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame, Southwestern Pennsylvania Wrestling Hall of Fame and St. Vincent College Athletic Hall of Fame.
• St. Vincent College swept the weekly honors in the Presidents' Athletic Conference for basketball players of the week. A pair of seniors grabbed the honors, guard Chris Klimchock, from the men's team, and forward Devin McGrath, from the women's team. It is the fourth time this season and seventh of her career that McGrath has won the PAC Player of the Week Award.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football preview: The Rock, IUP look to keep pace in PSAC West
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’
- Valley grad Brennan leads W&J tennis team into PAC finals
- After long wait to be a starter, Forsythe producing big yards for Waynesburg
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- District college notebook: Debo sets Edinboro career goals record
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- Jeannette grad, Mount Union not taking opponent lightly in ‘mismatch”