PAC basketball tournament opens Monday
Published: Monday, February 18, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, February 24, 2013
The Presidents' Athletic Conference men's basketball tournament begins Monday when Westminster (7-17) visits Waynesburg (9-16) in a play-in game at 7 p.m.
Doug Smith (South Park) leads the Yellow Jackets with 16.9 points per game, while Anthony Thomas (Union) averages 15.4 points. Jacob Fleegle leads Waynesburg with 13.5 points per game.
Monday's winner advances to face top-seeded St. Vincent (20-5) in one of four quarterfinals Tuesday. The Bearcats have home-court advantage throughout the tournament.
The semifinals are Thursday, with the championship at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. The winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament.
The PAC women's tournament starts with four quarterfinals Tuesday. Six-time defending conference champion Thomas More (24-1) is the top seed.
- Connellsville grad Uher has solid freshman year at Pitt-Greensburg
- Colleges notebook: Seton Hill lacrosse players recognized
- Despite loss at regional tournament, Seton Hill baseball has promising future
- Pitt runner Nkanata chases 200 title at NCAA East Regionals
- District college notes: Penn State’s Agee selected for USA Basketball U19 world championship team
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill stays unbeaten
- Conference title caps season for Plum grad, distance runner Lydon
- Seton Hill hires women’s lacrosse coach to replace late Quigley
- Seneca Valley’s Bilka named D-III honorable mention
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski players boost Allegheny College softball
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.