PAC basketball tournament opens Monday
College Football Videos
The Presidents' Athletic Conference men's basketball tournament begins Monday when Westminster (7-17) visits Waynesburg (9-16) in a play-in game at 7 p.m.
Doug Smith (South Park) leads the Yellow Jackets with 16.9 points per game, while Anthony Thomas (Union) averages 15.4 points. Jacob Fleegle leads Waynesburg with 13.5 points per game.
Monday's winner advances to face top-seeded St. Vincent (20-5) in one of four quarterfinals Tuesday. The Bearcats have home-court advantage throughout the tournament.
The semifinals are Thursday, with the championship at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. The winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament.
The PAC women's tournament starts with four quarterfinals Tuesday. Six-time defending conference champion Thomas More (24-1) is the top seed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: Guy vaults to freshman record at Virginia
- Jeannette’s Crawford twins finding basketball success with WCCC
- Mathers shines for St. Vincent women’s basketball team
- District college notes: Latrobe grad sets record at Virginia Tech
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- Gateway grad Nosbisch earns PAC, region honors for pool efforts
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski swimmers shine at Edinboro
- Gateway alums make PAC Honor Roll