PAC basketball tournament opens Monday
College Football Videos
The Presidents' Athletic Conference men's basketball tournament begins Monday when Westminster (7-17) visits Waynesburg (9-16) in a play-in game at 7 p.m.
Doug Smith (South Park) leads the Yellow Jackets with 16.9 points per game, while Anthony Thomas (Union) averages 15.4 points. Jacob Fleegle leads Waynesburg with 13.5 points per game.
Monday's winner advances to face top-seeded St. Vincent (20-5) in one of four quarterfinals Tuesday. The Bearcats have home-court advantage throughout the tournament.
The semifinals are Thursday, with the championship at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. The winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament.
The PAC women's tournament starts with four quarterfinals Tuesday. Six-time defending conference champion Thomas More (24-1) is the top seed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- St. Vincent offensive system fits Jeannette graduate Craft
- Valley grad Brennan leads W&J tennis team into PAC finals
- Soccer-playing Belacks pushing each other at PSU Behrend
- Freeport grad Turner is leader among Presidents
- District college notebook: Wydo scores 3 goals for Robert Morris, Colonials tie Army
- District football preview: The Rock, IUP look to keep pace in PSAC West
- Campus clippings: Keeper Daughtry scores a goal for Waynesburg
- District roundup: Slippery Rock beat IUP, snaps losing streak
- As coach predicted, Jeannette grad Cox playing big role for Michigan State
- Kittanning college notebook: Area football players are key contributors at Thiel
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’