Campus clippings: Local swimmers flourish for Edinboro
College Football Videos
Several local swimmers helped the Edinboro University women's team finish fifth at the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Championships at Cumberland Valley High School.
Sophomore Staci Schrecongost (Valley) and junior Julie Moretti (Springdale) helped the 400-yard freestyle relay post a school-record time of 3:27.87.
Schrecongost also holds school records in the 200 and 500 freestyles. Her time of 1:52.41 in the 200 is an NCAA B-qualifying and All-PSAC time. Her top 500 is 5:02.42.
Other key team members are sophomore Mackenzie Wargo (Apollo-Ridge) and senior Kayla Joy (Plum).
Penn State Behrend
Senior Clay Altemose (Apollo-Ridge) helped guide the 400-yard freestyle relay team to a time of 3:07.67, breaking Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference, open and meet records, as Behrend captured its seventh straight AMCC title. Altemose also swam for the school record-breaking 200-yard medley relay (1:33.32).
Sophomore David Starr (Plum) was named to the All-Presidents' Athletic Conference second team.
Senior guard Reece Mabery (Highlands) scored a team-high 18 points, and class and backcourt mate Brady Pacific (Kiski Area) added 12 in a 70-64 loss to Washington & Jefferson in the PAC tournament quarterfinals.
Freshman guard Nolan Cressler (Plum) was named Ivy League Rookie of the Week for the second time. He is averaging 8 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Big Red (13-14).
Junior forward Jenny Papich (Fox Chapel) became the fourth Academic All-American at Gannon after being named to the second team. Papich is averaging 13.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Freeport’s Romanchak to sign with Robert Morris
- Penn State New Kensington loses 4th in a row as rally comes up short
- Cal U’s Lynn succeeds on gridiron, in classroom
- District college notes: Guy vaults to freshman record at Virginia
- Freeport QB Romanchak to get initial look on defense at RMU
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski swimmers shine at Edinboro
- Unselfish play helps St. Vincent women to special season
- Gateway alums make PAC Honor Roll