District roundup: Pitt women fall at No. 3 UConn
College Football Videos
No. 3 Connecticut 76, Pittsburgh 36 — In Hartford, Conn., Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis had 19 points and 13 rebounds to help Connecticut (26-2, 13-1 Big East) close out its home schedule with a rout of Pitt.
Brianna Kiesel had 11 points for Pitt (9-18, 0-14), which has now lost 13 games in a row and 34 consecutive games in regular-season Big East play.
The win was the 28th straight for the Huskies over Pitt, a team they haven't lost to in 20 years.
Pitt took an 8-7 edge, but UConn went on a 26-3 run and led 37-13 at halftime.
West Virginia 66, Kansas State 57 — In Morgantown, W. Va., Ayana Dunning and Christal Caldwell each scored 15 points as West Virginia (17-10, 9-7 Big 12) rallied to beat Kansas State.
Brittany Chambers scored 36 points for Kansas State (13-15, 4-12), which led 31-23 at halftime.
Rutgers 68, South Florida 56 — In Piscataway, N.J., C. Vivian Stringer, a Fayette County native and Slippery Rock University graduate, became the fourth women's college basketball coach to reach 900 wins as Rutgers (15-12, 6-8 Big East) cruised past South Florida (19-8, 8-6).
Stringer joined Pat Summitt, Jody Conradt and Sylvia Hatchell. Mike Krzyzewski, Bob Knight and Jim Boeheim have done it on the men's side.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House
- District football preview: Preseason favorites IUP, Cal (Pa.) still finding full potential
- Campus clippings: Fox Chapel grad named PAC Golfer of the Week