La Roche, St. Vincent basketball teams learn Division III tournament foes
College Football Videos
Three district college basketball teams will play first-round road games in the NCAA Division III Tournament against schools from the same conference.
In men's games at 7 p.m. Saturday, Presidents' Athletic Conference champion St. Vincent (23-5) will open at Ohio Wesleyan (22-5), and Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference champion Penn State-Behrend (20-8) will travel to Wooster (23-5).
Ohio Wesleyan defeated Wooster in the North Coast Athletic Conference Tournament championship game.
La Roche (24-2), which won the AMCC women's title, will visit DePauw (28-0) for a first-round game Friday. A starting time will be determined.
All three district schools earned automatic bids to the national tournament after winning conference tournament titles.
While no other district schools were awarded at-large berths in the 64-team NCAA fields announced Monday, a handful of teams accepted bids to play in the Eastern College Athletic Conference South Region Tournament, which begins with quarterfinals Wednesday.
In the men's bracket, La Roche (15-9) will entertain Bethany (W.Va.) (15-10) at 7 p.m., and in the women's bracket, Washington & Jefferson (20-8) plays host to Penn State-Behrend (17-10) at 7 p.m.; and Carnegie Mellon (13-12) visits Juniata (18-8) at 5:30 p.m.
The semifinals and championship game will be held on Saturday and Sunday at the home of the highest-remaining seed.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- EF big man Prota part of Pitt-Johnstown’s incoming hoops class
- Shasko aims for fitness, improvement in 2nd season as St. Vincent women’s soccer coach
- Slippery Rock’s McGraw wants to put program on solid ground
- SF grad Vock looks to build on successful junior year with Behrend soccer
- W&J’s Crossey receiving preseason All-American honors
- College notes: Harbert honored by D-III coaches