Fayette men’s basketball team win USCAA opener
By Staff Reports
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 10:57 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, February 28, 2013
Brandon Cunningham scored 25 points, and David Winns tallied 16 points to go along with 16 rebounds, as the 10th-seeded Penn State Fayette men's basketball team defeated seventh-seeded Vermont Technical College, 79-66, in a USCAA Tournament preliminary-round game Wednesday at Penn State Fayette.
James Pratt scored 15 points for the Roaring Lions (15-12).
Penn State Fayette will host second-seeded Andrews University at 2 p.m. Thursday.
Brandon Matano scored 25 points, and Kyle Kissenberth scored 12 points for Vermont Technical College (21-10). The Knights will play Albany College of Pharmacy in a consolation game at 1:15 p.m. Thursday.
— Staff reports
- Springdale grad Killiam shines on diamond for Allegheny
- Connellsville grad Uher has solid freshman year at Pitt-Greensburg
- Colleges notebook: Seton Hill lacrosse players recognized
- Pitt runner Nkanata chases 200 title at NCAA East Regionals
- Seton Hill hires women’s lacrosse coach to replace late Quigley
- District college notes: Penn State’s Agee selected for USA Basketball U19 world championship team
- Seneca Valley’s Bilka named D-III honorable mention
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill stays unbeaten
- Despite loss at regional tournament, Seton Hill baseball has promising future
- Conference title caps season for Plum grad, distance runner Lydon
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski players boost Allegheny College softball
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.