Point Park women draw No. 4 team in nation
College Football Videos
Point Park will play the fourth-ranked team in the nation in the first round of the NAIA Division II Women's Tournament.
The Pioneers (25-6, 11-4 KIAC) are the No. 8 seed and will play top-seeded Indiana Wesleyan (30-3, 16-2 Crossroads League) in the first round at 8 p.m. March 7.
Point Park earned an automatic bid as the champion of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and is in the national tournament for the second straight year. The Pioneers made it to nationals for the first time in program history last year, finishing 23-7 with a 60-58 loss to No. 10 Corban (Ore.) in the first round.
Indiana Wesleyan, located in Marion, Ind., is ranked No. 4 in the final NAIA Division II Women's Coaches' Top 25 Poll that was released Wednesday, just hours before the bracket was announced.
The Wildcats were ranked No. 1 until this past week, but they dropped three spots when they lost to then-No. 4 St. Francis (Ind.), 54-48, in the finals of the Crossroads League Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- Soccer career continues for Springdale grad Weimerskirch
- IUP races to spot in Division II championship game
- District college notebook: Seton Hill baseball team slugs its way to 6-0 week
- Seeing divers succeed drives Clarion coach
- IUP men win, reach Elite Eight semifinals
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Cal (Pa.) women’s team advances to D-II Final Four
- District college notebook: Mercyhurst gets 6 All-Americans in wrestling
- Ranked La Roche ready to soar into baseball season