Point Park women draw No. 4 team in nation
College Football Videos
Point Park will play the fourth-ranked team in the nation in the first round of the NAIA Division II Women's Tournament.
The Pioneers (25-6, 11-4 KIAC) are the No. 8 seed and will play top-seeded Indiana Wesleyan (30-3, 16-2 Crossroads League) in the first round at 8 p.m. March 7.
Point Park earned an automatic bid as the champion of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and is in the national tournament for the second straight year. The Pioneers made it to nationals for the first time in program history last year, finishing 23-7 with a 60-58 loss to No. 10 Corban (Ore.) in the first round.
Indiana Wesleyan, located in Marion, Ind., is ranked No. 4 in the final NAIA Division II Women's Coaches' Top 25 Poll that was released Wednesday, just hours before the bracket was announced.
The Wildcats were ranked No. 1 until this past week, but they dropped three spots when they lost to then-No. 4 St. Francis (Ind.), 54-48, in the finals of the Crossroads League Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: IUP senior puts Stamp on program
- Thiel big man Mallinger thrives on rejection
- Daily Courier roundup: Penn State Fayette women fall to Slippery Rock
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- PSNK men’s basketball team has high hopes for upcoming season
- Discipline key as Seton-La Salle product balances CMU football, academics
- Campus clippings: Collins helps Shippensburg return to nationals