Point Park women draw No. 4 team in nation
College Football Videos
Point Park will play the fourth-ranked team in the nation in the first round of the NAIA Division II Women's Tournament.
The Pioneers (25-6, 11-4 KIAC) are the No. 8 seed and will play top-seeded Indiana Wesleyan (30-3, 16-2 Crossroads League) in the first round at 8 p.m. March 7.
Point Park earned an automatic bid as the champion of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and is in the national tournament for the second straight year. The Pioneers made it to nationals for the first time in program history last year, finishing 23-7 with a 60-58 loss to No. 10 Corban (Ore.) in the first round.
Indiana Wesleyan, located in Marion, Ind., is ranked No. 4 in the final NAIA Division II Women's Coaches' Top 25 Poll that was released Wednesday, just hours before the bracket was announced.
The Wildcats were ranked No. 1 until this past week, but they dropped three spots when they lost to then-No. 4 St. Francis (Ind.), 54-48, in the finals of the Crossroads League Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: Latrobe grad sets record at Virginia Tech
- Unselfish play helps St. Vincent women to special season
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski swimmers shine at Edinboro
- IUP men, women remain among Division II basketball elite
- Mathers shines for St. Vincent women’s basketball team
- District college notes: SVC track team competes in indoor meet
- District college notebook: Wydo sets Robert Morris hockey points record
- Cal U women’s basketball team, students share grief before game
- Local roundup: PSNK men’s basketball team loses to PSU York