Point Park women draw No. 4 team in nation
College Football Videos
Point Park will play the fourth-ranked team in the nation in the first round of the NAIA Division II Women's Tournament.
The Pioneers (25-6, 11-4 KIAC) are the No. 8 seed and will play top-seeded Indiana Wesleyan (30-3, 16-2 Crossroads League) in the first round at 8 p.m. March 7.
Point Park earned an automatic bid as the champion of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and is in the national tournament for the second straight year. The Pioneers made it to nationals for the first time in program history last year, finishing 23-7 with a 60-58 loss to No. 10 Corban (Ore.) in the first round.
Indiana Wesleyan, located in Marion, Ind., is ranked No. 4 in the final NAIA Division II Women's Coaches' Top 25 Poll that was released Wednesday, just hours before the bracket was announced.
The Wildcats were ranked No. 1 until this past week, but they dropped three spots when they lost to then-No. 4 St. Francis (Ind.), 54-48, in the finals of the Crossroads League Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Seton Hill women look to improve on 5-win PSAC season
- Penn Hills grad returns from injury to help nationally ranked Wingate volleyball
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- District college notes: Derry grad Gulibon captures Big 10 honor
- District college roundup: Waynesburg hands playoff-bound W&J first loss
- Campus clippings: Cratsenberg has 17-tackle game for VMI
- Campus clippings: Keeper Daughtry scores a goal for Waynesburg