St. Vincent men's basketball star honored again
College Football Videos
The honors continue for St. Vincent College men's basketball star Chris Klimchock. The senior guard recently earned a pair of second-team regional honors after helping the Bearcats to their first appearance in the NCAA Division III Tournament.
Klimchock was named to the all-Great Lakes Region teams by the National Association of Basketball Coaches and D3hoops.com.
He previously was selected to the Presidents' Athletic Conference first team following a season in which he averaged 15.9 points, which ranked second on the team and fifth in the conference.
Klimchock also led the league in free-throw percentage (.836), was second in assists per game (3.5) and was third in 3-point field goals per game (2.3).
Elsewhere, senior forward Devin McGrath was named to the D3hoops.com Great Lakes Region third team after leading the league in rebounding (10.3).
A three-time all-PAC selection and two-time first-team representative, McGrath ranked fourth in the PAC in scoring (16.1) and is the only player in the league to average a double-double this season.
The St. Vincent men's and women's teams have been honored by the College Swimming Coaches Association as Scholar All-America Teams for 2012-13. The women's team also earned the Presidents' Athletic Conference Team Sportsmanship Award.
Teams with a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 are eligible. The St. Vincent women's team posted a 3.30, and the men's team registered a 3.05.
St. Vincent defeated 22-time defending Presidents' Athletic Conference champion Grove City, 5-4, in a men's match that lasted 3 1⁄2 hours. St. Vincent sophomore Tony Costantino rallied from one set down to beat Caleb Fuller of Grove City in the final set to give the Bearcats the victory.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Allegheny County Court judge removes Brentley from City Council primary ballot
- Pa. Supreme Court upholds special prosecutor investigating AG Kane
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 7, Tigers 3
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Monessen police investigating drive-by shooting
- Man awaiting trial for offering drugs to 2 teens found hanged in his Belle Vernon home
- Virginia Tech: Ex-Washington star McKenzie did not violate conduct rules