College notes: Honors continue to roll in for Seton Hill's Gattuso
College Football Videos
Junior forward Katie Gattuso of Seton Hill was named to the Daktronics All-Atlantic Region second team in women's basketball.
She averaged 17.6 points and a WVIAC-best 11.3 rebounds this season.
Gattuso earned all-West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference first-team honors and was given the annual WVIAC Tournament Sportsmanship Award.
In men's basketball, St. Vincent senior guard Chris Klimchock, a Greensburg Salem High School graduate, earned a pair of second-team regional honors after helping the Bearcats to their first appearance in the NCAA Division III Tournament.
Klimchock was named to the all-Great Lakes Region teams by the National Association of Basketball Coaches and D3hoops.com.
He was selected to the Presidents' Athletic Conference first team after averaging 15.9 points and leading the league in free-throw percentage (.836).
Elsewhere, the Pitt Greensburg Student-Athlete Advisory Committee honored its annual Bobcat Athletes of the Year for the winter sports season, naming freshman guard Rocco Contristano of the men's basketball team and freshman guard Emily Nelson of the women's basketball team.
Contristano led UPG in scoring (11.5 ppg.), field-goal percentage (50.3), 3-point field-goal percentage (41.3) and free-throw percentage (85.0).
Nelson, a Hempfield High School graduate, led UPG in scoring (10.5 ppg.), assists (3.8) and steals (2.0).
Greensburg Salem senior Tanner Hahn received an appointment to attend the Air Force Academy, where he plans to play football. Hahn, a tight end and linebacker at Greensburg Salem, sat out much of the 2012-13 season with a leg injury.
Carrie Maier, a Greensburg Salem graduate, was named Presidents' Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week after posting a 4-1 record for Waynesburg. Maier, a junior, allowed four earned runs in 35 innings for a 0.80 ERA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IUP, Batts win fourth straight
- Springdale grads help lead Point Park soccer program
- College notes: PAC honors St. Vincent’s Czapski
- No. 25 Slippery Rock wins shootout over Cal (Pa.)
- District football roundup: Clarion gets by Edinboro for 6-0 start
- Senior laden Robert Morris men’s hockey team hopes to erase last season’s disappointment
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Harbert to retire at end of season
- Jeannette grad Craft running hard for St. Vincent football team
- District college notebook: Geneva women’s volleyball team keeps rolling
- Slippery Rock, Cal U in huge showdown
- District college football preview: Cal (Pa.) visits Slippery Rock in PSAC clash