Cal women beat Edinboro in NCAA D-II first-round game
By Staff and Wire Reports
Published: Friday, March 15, 2013, 10:15 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, March 16, 2013
California (Pa.) 80, Edinboro 72 — In Erie, senior guard Stephanie Michael scored 18 of her career high-matching 25 points in the first half as seventh-seeded Cal (Pa.) upset No. 2 seed Edinboro (22-7) in the first round of the NCAA Division II Tournament.
The Vulcans (21-8) will play sixth-seeded Glenville State (27-3) at 5 p.m. Saturday in the second round.
Gannon 66, Fairmont State 40 — Nettie Blake scored 15 points to lead a balanced attack, and No. 1 seed Gannon (29-4) defeated eighth-seeded Fairmont State (23-10) in the first round. Gannon will play IUP on Saturday in the second round.
Indiana (Pa.) 72, Bloomsburg 59 — Ashley Stoner and Lindsay Stamp each scored 19 points to lead IUP (22-8) past Bloomsburg (24-5) in the first round.
- Seton Hill hires women’s lacrosse coach to replace late Quigley
- College notebook: St. Vincent standouts honored
- Seton Hill returns to D-II playoffs for fourth consecutive year
- Colleges notes: Pitt-Greensburg softball players named all-conference
- college watch
- District college notes: Pitt’s Nkanata runs second-fastest time in 200
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- Seneca Valley’s Bilka named D-III honorable mention
- Rawlins transferring from WVU
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill stays unbeaten
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill 1 win away from World Series
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.