Cal women beat Edinboro in NCAA D-II first-round game
College Football Videos
California (Pa.) 80, Edinboro 72 — In Erie, senior guard Stephanie Michael scored 18 of her career high-matching 25 points in the first half as seventh-seeded Cal (Pa.) upset No. 2 seed Edinboro (22-7) in the first round of the NCAA Division II Tournament.
The Vulcans (21-8) will play sixth-seeded Glenville State (27-3) at 5 p.m. Saturday in the second round.
Gannon 66, Fairmont State 40 — Nettie Blake scored 15 points to lead a balanced attack, and No. 1 seed Gannon (29-4) defeated eighth-seeded Fairmont State (23-10) in the first round. Gannon will play IUP on Saturday in the second round.
Indiana (Pa.) 72, Bloomsburg 59 — Ashley Stoner and Lindsay Stamp each scored 19 points to lead IUP (22-8) past Bloomsburg (24-5) in the first round.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- College notes: Hempfield graduate Guy clears 13 feet in pole vault
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- Jeannette’s Sunder, Carlow men focusing on future after tough 1st season
- College notes: St. Vincent men win PAC tournament
- St. Vincent men, La Roche women open NCAA D-III tourney Friday
- Plum’s Dedert helps St. Vincent men’s basketball win PAC crown
- Gateway grad claims title, Cal U record at PSAC indoor track championships
- Campus clippings: Schrecongost, Stein excel at PSAC swimming championships
- WCCC women’s basketball team captures 3rd straight conference championship
- Duquesne women eye run at Atlantic 10 title, NCAA tournament
- Campus clippings: Edinboro’s Schrecongost bound for D-II nationals