Gannon women's basketball team heading to Elite Eight
College Football Videos
The Gannon women's basketball team is heading to the Elite Eight for the first time since 2010.
Doriyon Glass scored 15 points and Nettie Blake added 12, as Gannon edged California (Pa.), 50-47, on Monday in the Atlantic Regional final.
Cal held Jen Papich, Gannon's leading scorer, to seven points, and the Vulcans led, 18-13 at halftime. But the Knights stormed back in the second half, outscoring the Vulcans, 37-29.
Gannon (31-4) advanced to play Ashland (34-1), the No. 1 seed in the Midwest Region, at 9:30 p.m. March 26 in San Antonio.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette’s Sunder, Carlow men focusing on future after tough 1st season
- Plum’s Dedert helps St. Vincent men’s basketball win PAC crown
- Franklin Regional grads named to collegiate anniversary teams
- Gateway grad claims title, Cal U record at PSAC indoor track championships
- Plum grad named to PAC’s anniversary softball team
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- Cal U women overcome Gannon in PSAC quarterfinal
- Cal U women hope to end Gannon hex tonight
- Seton-La Salle grad Piaggesi leads Mercyhurst in scoring, rebounds
- W&J softball team likes underdog role