Gannon women's basketball team heading to Elite Eight
College Football Videos
The Gannon women's basketball team is heading to the Elite Eight for the first time since 2010.
Doriyon Glass scored 15 points and Nettie Blake added 12, as Gannon edged California (Pa.), 50-47, on Monday in the Atlantic Regional final.
Cal held Jen Papich, Gannon's leading scorer, to seven points, and the Vulcans led, 18-13 at halftime. But the Knights stormed back in the second half, outscoring the Vulcans, 37-29.
Gannon (31-4) advanced to play Ashland (34-1), the No. 1 seed in the Midwest Region, at 9:30 p.m. March 26 in San Antonio.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- District college notebook: IUP senior nets 1,000th career point
- Jeannette’s Crawford twins finding basketball success with WCCC
- Gateway grad Nosbisch earns PAC, region honors for pool efforts
- Gateway alums make PAC Honor Roll
- District college notes: Seton Hill guard earns PSAC honor
- IUP men, women remain among Division II basketball elite
- Mathers shines for St. Vincent women’s basketball team
- Local roundup: PSNK men’s basketball team loses to PSU York
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski swimmers shine at Edinboro
- District college notes: Latrobe grad sets record at Virginia Tech