Gannon women’s basketball team heading to Elite Eight
Published: Monday, March 18, 2013, 9:24 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
The Gannon women's basketball team is heading to the Elite Eight for the first time since 2010.
Doriyon Glass scored 15 points and Nettie Blake added 12, as Gannon edged California (Pa.), 50-47, on Monday in the Atlantic Regional final.
Cal held Jen Papich, Gannon's leading scorer, to seven points, and the Vulcans led, 18-13 at halftime. But the Knights stormed back in the second half, outscoring the Vulcans, 37-29.
Gannon (31-4) advanced to play Ashland (34-1), the No. 1 seed in the Midwest Region, at 9:30 p.m. March 26 in San Antonio.
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- District college notes: Pitt’s Nkanata runs second-fastest time in 200
- Rawlins transferring from WVU
- Eric Kush is the highest drafted Vulcan ever
- Colleges notes: St. Vincent’s Burkhardt honored by PAC
- Colleges notes: Pitt-Greensburg softball players named all-conference
- college watch
- Seton Hill returns to D-II playoffs for fourth consecutive year
- Slippery Rock's Taylor 3rd in javelin at PSAC championships
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.