Gannon women's basketball team loses in Elite Eight
College Football Videos
The Gannon women's basketball team couldn't hold on to a six-point halftime lead and lost to Ashland (Ohio), 74-63, in a Division II Elite Eight matchup Tuesday in San Antonio.
Doriyon Glass led Gannon (31-5), the Atlantic Regional champion, with 17 points. Brittany Batts scored 13.
Daiva Gerbec led Ashland (36-1) with 23 points, and Taylor Woods scored 21. Ashland outscored the Lady Knights, 49-32, in the second half.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Slippery Rock’s Taylor shines in back-to-back javelin events
- Jeannette grad looks forward to final collegiate wrestling season
- Gateway grad Cottrell, IUP enjoy journey to D-II title game
- Westminster senior Jones finds groove on mound
- District college notebook: Cal’s Fennell off to hot start in PSAC play
- Cal U softballers successful again
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Kenna honored by ORLC
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Thomas Jefferson grad wraps up impressive Penn State Fayette career
- Campus clippings: Ailing back doesn’t slow Allegheny’s Killian
- Munhall’s Strom helps Cal (Pa.) rise to the top