Slippery Rock runners enjoy continued success on track
College Football Videos
Senior Eric Geddis (Seneca Valley) was among 10 Slippery Rock runners to post PSAC qualifying marks at the Bucknell University Bison Classic last weekend. Geddis ran the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 9:30.87.
At the Dave Labor Invitational, SRU's Mason McLaughlin (Butler) finished second in the 100 meters. He also was part of the winning 4x100 relay team that included Hunter Williams (Seneca Valley). Jonathan Boyd (Seneca Valley) won the 110-meter hurdles.
On the women's side of the invitational, SRU's Katelyn Wetzel won the 100 and 200 meters.
Among other schools at the invitational, Clarion junior Allyson Cress (Knoch) won the discus, with a PSAC qualifying mark, and took second in the shot put.
At the Allegheny Tri-Meet, Penn State Behrend's Dylan Bilka (Seneca Valley) won the pole vault by scaling 4.75 meters. At the Westminster Invitational, Garrett Shaw (Knoch) finished second to Bilka in the pole vault, and Braden Davis (Butler) was fifth in the 10,000-meter run.
One of the reasons California (Pa.) got off to a 25-10 start was freshman pitcher/utility player Mick Fennell (Butler). He was 4-2 with a 1.41 earned run average with 25 strikeouts and just six walks in 381⁄3 innings. He also was batting .319 with three doubles, a triple and 10 RBI.
Ryan Siegel (Freeport), a redshirt sophomore at Mercyhurst, was batting .303 with four doubles and 11 RBI while starting 26 games.
For Grove City, senior Max Vickerman (Seneca Valley) pitched a six-hit shutout Monday in an 11-0 win over Geneva. He had four strikeouts and no walks while throwing the first shutout of his career. He is 1-2 with a 3.15 ERA in five appearances.
Helping Mercyhurst to a 12-0 start was junior Jake McAndrew (Seneca Valley), who had 24 goals and seven assists and ranked second on the team with 31 points. Senior Brent Rotz (Seneca Valley) had three goals and two assists in six games.
Slippery Rock freshman Courtney Gallagher (Butler) is 5-1 this season at No. 6 singles and has an 11-5 record at No. 3 doubles.
A member of Gannon's 33-man recruiting class is wide receiver Jacob Olenick (Butler). Gannon, a member of the PSAC, went 3-8 last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college game of the week: Washington & Jefferson at Mount Union
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- District college notebook: IUP senior puts Stamp on program
- Thiel big man Mallinger thrives on rejection
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC
- Campus clippings: Collins helps Shippensburg return to nationals
- Cal U quietly added football players with criminal backgrounds
- Hampton grad’s return from injury buoys La Roche College womens soccer
- Thomas Jefferson grads competing with new Carlow men’s basketball team
- Daily Courier roundup: Penn State Fayette women fall to Slippery Rock
- Campus clippings: Springdale grad nets All-PAC honors