PS Greater Allegheny baseball wins conference tournament title
College Football Videos
Penn State Greater Allegheny added the Penn State University Athletic Conference postseason title to its regular-season championship with a 10-1 blowout of Penn College in the tournament final Saturday in State College.
Serra Catholic graduate Oliver Girman was named the tournament MVP.
It is the second time in three years that the Lions have won the PSUAC championship.
In any other year, the win would have sent Penn State Greater Allegheny to the United States Collegiate Athletic Association World Series, but as the host team, the Lions already had a spot reserved in the tournament.
Penn State Greater Allegheny will not play again until May 4 when it hosts Community College of Allegheny County South Campus. It will be the last warm-up before the World Series opens May 6 at Pullman Park in Butler against an opponent to be determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- College notes: Hempfield graduate Guy clears 13 feet in pole vault
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- Campus clippings: Schrecongost, Stein excel at PSAC swimming championships
- Duquesne women eye run at Atlantic 10 title, NCAA tournament
- Campus clippings: Edinboro’s Schrecongost bound for D-II nationals
- Plum’s Dedert helps St. Vincent men’s basketball win PAC crown
- Jeannette’s Sunder, Carlow men focusing on future after tough 1st season