PS Greater Allegheny baseball wins conference tournament title
College Football Videos
Penn State Greater Allegheny added the Penn State University Athletic Conference postseason title to its regular-season championship with a 10-1 blowout of Penn College in the tournament final Saturday in State College.
Serra Catholic graduate Oliver Girman was named the tournament MVP.
It is the second time in three years that the Lions have won the PSUAC championship.
In any other year, the win would have sent Penn State Greater Allegheny to the United States Collegiate Athletic Association World Series, but as the host team, the Lions already had a spot reserved in the tournament.
Penn State Greater Allegheny will not play again until May 4 when it hosts Community College of Allegheny County South Campus. It will be the last warm-up before the World Series opens May 6 at Pullman Park in Butler against an opponent to be determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Jeannette grad a shutdown corner, special teams standout with St. Vincent
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- Seton Hill soccer player owns impressive streak
- GCC grad Crouse makes quick impact for Penn State women’s soccer
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl