PS Greater Allegheny baseball wins conference tournament title
College Football Videos
Penn State Greater Allegheny added the Penn State University Athletic Conference postseason title to its regular-season championship with a 10-1 blowout of Penn College in the tournament final Saturday in State College.
Serra Catholic graduate Oliver Girman was named the tournament MVP.
It is the second time in three years that the Lions have won the PSUAC championship.
In any other year, the win would have sent Penn State Greater Allegheny to the United States Collegiate Athletic Association World Series, but as the host team, the Lions already had a spot reserved in the tournament.
Penn State Greater Allegheny will not play again until May 4 when it hosts Community College of Allegheny County South Campus. It will be the last warm-up before the World Series opens May 6 at Pullman Park in Butler against an opponent to be determined.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college roundup: Cal (Pa.) advances to NCAA Division II softball national championships
- College notes: Guy continues to set vault records at Virginia
- Cal (Pa.) blanked in NCAA softball championship opener
- Mercyhurst advances to first D-II World Series
- Grove City graduate Bray named to PAC 60 list
- PSGA falls at USCAA World Series
- Area college track athletes set for NCAA Div. II, III championships
- Slippery Rock's Taylor gearing up for 3rd trip to track nationals
- Cal (Pa.) resumes quest for 3rd NCAA softball title