College baseball roundup: Seton Hill stays unbeaten
College Football Videos
Pat McCarthy went 5 for 5, as Seton Hill stayed undefeated in the NCAA Division II Atlantic Region tournament with a 9-3 victory against East Stroudsburg on Friday.
Seton Hill, playing in its fourth consecutive region tournament, won its first two games in the tournament for the first time in school history.
Seton Hill (41-15) will play the winner of Saturday's 11 a.m. game between East Stroudsburg and Millersville at 6 p.m.
Washington & Jefferson 11, Thomas More 8 (15 innings) — Eddie Nogay improved his career record at W&J to 22-1, pitching five innings of one-hit relief, and the Presidents (33-12) outlasted Thomas More in their second extra-inning game in as many days at the NCAA Division III Mideast Regional at Terre Haute, Ind.
Fifth-seeded W&J beat Wooster in 13 innings to open the tournament on Friday morning before the marathon 15-inning game that ended at 2:07 a.m. Saturday
W&J advances to meet two-time defending D-III champion Marietta at noon Saturday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Blackhawk star pitcher McKay thriving on mound at Louisville
- Mercyhurst baseball eliminated from NCAA Tournament
- District college notebook: Uniontown grad Sanner makes history for Seton Hill
- Jeannette grad Hall makes impact during freshman season with Carlow softball
- Another All-American finish for Slippery Rock javelin thrower, Gateway grad Taylor
- Grove City’s Fritz keeps collecting hits
- Tampa pitcher silences Mercyhurst in NCAA Division II College World Series
- Penn Hills grad lifts La Roche baseball into playoffs with stellar year
- Cal U softball rallies to remain alive in NCAA D-II tournament
- College notes: Va. Tech’s Green named indoor track MVP
- Cal (Pa.) blanked in NCAA softball championship opener