Carlynton graduate Millikin receives Air Force Academy swimming honors
College Football Videos
Carlynton graduate Matt Millikin received the team MVP award from the Air Force Academy swim team as well as the Senior Who Contributed Most To Falcon Men's Swimming honor.
Millikin had a standout senior season with the Falcons. His time of 49.02 in the 100-yard backstroke was the third best in program history and helped him receive all-Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Second Team honors. In the 200 backstroke, he finished with a personal best of 1:45.81, which placed him second all-time in Air Force history and netted him first-team all-conference honors. The time qualified as an NCAA B cut and is two tenths of a second off the school record.
Millikin headed to Colorado after a successful high school career. He was a two-time All-American – once in the 100 backstroke and also in the 100 butterfly – while at Carlynton. He won three WPIAL titles and was a four-team all-state honors recipient. He also set a WPIAL record in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 51.45.
Millikin, a 2009 graduate of Carlynton, still holds the school records in the 100 butterfly (52.27), 100 backstroke (53.90) and 100 freestyle (49.64).
Nathan Smith is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter at @NSmith_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- District football preview: Preseason favorites IUP, Cal (Pa.) still finding full potential
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- District college notes: GCC grad Stone earns NEC honor
- Gateway, Plum graduates to meet in Big House Battle
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates