Carlynton graduate Millikin receives Air Force Academy swimming honors
College Football Videos
Carlynton graduate Matt Millikin received the team MVP award from the Air Force Academy swim team as well as the Senior Who Contributed Most To Falcon Men's Swimming honor.
Millikin had a standout senior season with the Falcons. His time of 49.02 in the 100-yard backstroke was the third best in program history and helped him receive all-Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Second Team honors. In the 200 backstroke, he finished with a personal best of 1:45.81, which placed him second all-time in Air Force history and netted him first-team all-conference honors. The time qualified as an NCAA B cut and is two tenths of a second off the school record.
Millikin headed to Colorado after a successful high school career. He was a two-time All-American – once in the 100 backstroke and also in the 100 butterfly – while at Carlynton. He won three WPIAL titles and was a four-team all-state honors recipient. He also set a WPIAL record in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 51.45.
Millikin, a 2009 graduate of Carlynton, still holds the school records in the 100 butterfly (52.27), 100 backstroke (53.90) and 100 freestyle (49.64).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IUP receiver charged in robbery; another player accused of assault
- Paced by QB’s epic half, St. Vincent rolls past Thiel
- Determination pays off for Ringgold’s Greaves at W&J
- Cal (Pa.) puts together dominant 2nd half, edges Seton Hill
- Vulcans to host Seton Hill
- W&J, Thomas More meet in battle of ranked PAC leaders