Quaker Valley grad Bemis named Academic All-American
College Football Videos
Quaker Valley graduate Tabitha Bemis, a track and field standout at Edinboro, has been named to the 2013 Capital One Academic All-America Division II Cross Country/Track and Field team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Bemis was voted to the women's first team.
To be eligible for Academic All-America consideration, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director.
Bemis is now a two-time honoree after being named to the second team a year ago. A junior, she is a sports and recreation administration major with a 3.89 GPA. She was also recently named to the PSAC Spring Top Ten, marking her fourth selection during her career.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sleith ends softball career at Robert Morris in perfect fashion
- Another All-American finish for Slippery Rock javelin thrower, Gateway grad Taylor
- Mercyhurst baseball eliminated from NCAA Tournament
- Grove City’s Fritz keeps collecting hits
- Ex-Blackhawk star pitcher McKay thriving on mound at Louisville
- Penn Hills grad lifts La Roche baseball into playoffs with stellar year
- District college notebook: Uniontown grad Sanner makes history for Seton Hill
- Cal U softball rallies to remain alive in NCAA D-II tournament
- College notes: Va. Tech’s Green named indoor track MVP
- Jeannette grad Hall makes impact during freshman season with Carlow softball
- Tampa pitcher silences Mercyhurst in NCAA Division II College World Series