Quaker Valley grad Bemis named Academic All-American
College Football Videos
Quaker Valley graduate Tabitha Bemis, a track and field standout at Edinboro, has been named to the 2013 Capital One Academic All-America Division II Cross Country/Track and Field team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Bemis was voted to the women's first team.
To be eligible for Academic All-America consideration, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director.
Bemis is now a two-time honoree after being named to the second team a year ago. A junior, she is a sports and recreation administration major with a 3.89 GPA. She was also recently named to the PSAC Spring Top Ten, marking her fourth selection during her career.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport duo a big part of PSGA basketball recruiting class
- South Fayette grad Leja looking to have big year for Allegheny
- Kittanning’s Toy brothers to reunite with W&J football
- Allegheny’s Petro wraps up decorated throwing career
- College notes: St. Vincent 2nd in PAC honor roll
- College notes: Sell begins pro career with home run
- Serra grad Max Kaminsky settles in with Point Park golf team