Quaker Valley grad Bemis named Academic All-American
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, July 3, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Quaker Valley graduate Tabitha Bemis, a track and field standout at Edinboro, has been named to the 2013 Capital One Academic All-America Division II Cross Country/Track and Field team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Bemis was voted to the women's first team.
To be eligible for Academic All-America consideration, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director.
Bemis is now a two-time honoree after being named to the second team a year ago. A junior, she is a sports and recreation administration major with a 3.89 GPA. She was also recently named to the PSAC Spring Top Ten, marking her fourth selection during her career.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: St. Vincent baseball sweeps Grove City
- Norwin graduates help IUP men’s club volleyball to high finish at nationals
- Campus Clippings: Freeport graduate Gentile on the run at Robert Morris
- Several groups of local sisters, led by Carlow’s Youngs, pair up at college level
- 9 state universities challenged over athletic opportunities for women
- Keystone Oaks grad receives rookie of the year award