Quaker Valley grad Bemis named Academic All-American
College Football Videos
Quaker Valley graduate Tabitha Bemis, a track and field standout at Edinboro, has been named to the 2013 Capital One Academic All-America Division II Cross Country/Track and Field team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Bemis was voted to the women's first team.
To be eligible for Academic All-America consideration, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director.
Bemis is now a two-time honoree after being named to the second team a year ago. A junior, she is a sports and recreation administration major with a 3.89 GPA. She was also recently named to the PSAC Spring Top Ten, marking her fourth selection during her career.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette’s Sunder, Carlow men focusing on future after tough 1st season
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- Plum grad named to PAC’s anniversary softball team
- Franklin Regional grads named to collegiate anniversary teams
- Plum’s Dedert helps St. Vincent men’s basketball win PAC crown
- Gateway grad claims title, Cal U record at PSAC indoor track championships
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- Duquesne women eye run at Atlantic 10 title, NCAA tournament
- College notes: St. Vincent men win PAC tournament
- Point Park basketball player finds home-court advantage
- District college notes: Seton Hill sweeps lacrosse awards