Quaker Valley grad Bemis named Academic All-American
College Football Videos
Quaker Valley graduate Tabitha Bemis, a track and field standout at Edinboro, has been named to the 2013 Capital One Academic All-America Division II Cross Country/Track and Field team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Bemis was voted to the women's first team.
To be eligible for Academic All-America consideration, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director.
Bemis is now a two-time honoree after being named to the second team a year ago. A junior, she is a sports and recreation administration major with a 3.89 GPA. She was also recently named to the PSAC Spring Top Ten, marking her fourth selection during her career.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- Jeannette’s Crawford twins finding basketball success with WCCC
- Mathers shines for St. Vincent women’s basketball team
- District college notes: Guy vaults to freshman record at Virginia
- District college notebook: IUP senior nets 1,000th career point
- Gateway grad Nosbisch earns PAC, region honors for pool efforts
- Local roundup: PSNK men’s basketball team loses to PSU York
- Cal U women’s basketball team, students share grief before game
- District college notes: Latrobe grad sets record at Virginia Tech