Quaker Valley grad Bemis named Academic All-American
College Football Videos
Quaker Valley graduate Tabitha Bemis, a track and field standout at Edinboro, has been named to the 2013 Capital One Academic All-America Division II Cross Country/Track and Field team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
Bemis was voted to the women's first team.
To be eligible for Academic All-America consideration, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at his/her current institution and be nominated by his/her sports information director.
Bemis is now a two-time honoree after being named to the second team a year ago. A junior, she is a sports and recreation administration major with a 3.89 GPA. She was also recently named to the PSAC Spring Top Ten, marking her fourth selection during her career.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Slippery Rock, Cal U in huge showdown
- Switch to volleyball paying off for Kittanning grad Schall at Allegheny
- Jeannette grad Craft running hard for St. Vincent football team
- District college notebook: Geneva women’s volleyball team keeps rolling
- Senior laden Robert Morris men’s hockey team hopes to erase last season’s disappointment
- District college football preview: Cal (Pa.) visits Slippery Rock in PSAC clash