St. Vincent hoops run named PAC's top sports moment in fan vote
College Football Videos
St. Vincent College's run to the Presidents' Athletic Conference Tournament championship in men's basketball has been named the conference's top sports moment during the winter season in fan voting June 24-28.
St. Vincent defeated Thomas More, 81-67, on Feb. 23 in the PAC title game for its first league championship in men's basketball.
The Bearcats, the tournament's top seed, earned homecourt advantage throughout, averaging nearly 1,200 fans and prompting their fan base to “Cram the Carey,” a phrase used to describe playoff attendance that was a reference to the school's Carey Center on-campus facility.
Wrestlers Jordan Powell of Thiel, Josh Etzel of Washington & Jefferson and Luke Lohr of Waynesburg, who earned NCAA Division III All-America honors for their performances in the Division III Championships, finished second in the winter season voting.
The combination of first-round women's soccer victories by Grove City and Thomas More in the Division III Tournament was voted the PAC's top sports moment for the fall season. Voting for the top sports moment for the spring season is under way through 9 p.m. July 5.
The vote to determine the PAC Sports Moment of the Year will be held from 9 a.m. July 8 through 9 p.m. July 12 with the winner to be announced at noon July 15.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus clippings: Knoch product Sanks wastes no time at EKU
- Bush excited for position switch at St. Francis (Pa.)
- District roundup: Duquesne puts scare into Buffalo
- Freeport twins take same collegiate path
- Robert Morris falls to Eastern Kentucky in Banaszak’s coaching debut
- PSU Greater Allegheny names Care men’s basketball coach
- Double trouble: Cress twins bolster Clarion offensive line