PAC fans honor St. Vincent men's basketball team
Published: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
By a large margin, fans of the Presidents' Athletic Conference have voted the St. Vincent College men's basketball team's run to its first PAC Tournament championship as the league's Sports Moment of the Year for the 2012-13 season.
Support for the title run, tabbed by the St. Vincent fan base as “#CramtheCarey,” referring to the school's Carey Center arena, was overwhelming in a vote on the PAC website.
In a vote on three events, a total of 79 of 113 votes, or 70 percent, was in favor of the St. Vincent scenario, which previously earned PAC Winter Sports Moment of the Year.
Top-seeded St. Vincent defeated second-seeded Thomas More in the PAC championshp game to earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- County takes lead on Monsour demolition
- Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript Dec. 6, 2013
- Malkin to miss 2nd straight game Saturday
- Kovacevic: Keeping faith in Letang is simple
- Jury convicts two men of some charges related to Downtown shooting during rush hour
- Steelers lineman Adams gets 2nd chance to start
- Cranberry supervisors approve preliminary land development plan
- Greensburg Diocese removes Bocan as superintendent of Catholic schools
- Steelers rookie RB Bell gets respect from teammates, foes alike
- Fleury, Crosby lead Penguins to victory over Sharks at Consol
- ‘Gritty but vibrant world’ of Braddock lures director of ‘Out of the Furnace’