College notes: St. Vincent adds women's track and field program
College Football Videos
St. Vincent College increased its total number of men's and women's varsity sports to 20 with the recent addition of women's track and field.
Men's track and field coach Andrew Herr was named to also coach the women's program, with men's assistant Steve Snider taking on the added duties of women's assistant.
The school now sponsors 10 teams each in men's and women's sports.
Herr said that St. Vincent, a member of the NCAA Division III Presidents' Athletic Conference, will not face a full schedule in women's track until the 2015 season.
SVC football tickets
Tickets for St. Vincent's home football games were scheduled to go on sale Tuesday, the school's athletics department announced.
Home opponents will feature Westminster (Pa.) on Sept. 28, Carnegie Mellon on Oct. 5, Washington & Jefferson on Oct. 26, Thomas More on Nov. 2, and Bethany (W.Va.) on Nov. 16.
Grandstand tickets at Chuck Noll Field, at $5 per game, are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Carey Student Center Athletics Office.
Hillside seating, overlooking the field, is free, but the school announced that an animal control policy will be enforced. Information is available by calling the St. Vincent Athletics Department at 724-805-2045.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- Soccer career continues for Springdale grad Weimerskirch
- IUP races to spot in Division II championship game
- District college notebook: Seton Hill baseball team slugs its way to 6-0 week
- Seeing divers succeed drives Clarion coach
- IUP men win, reach Elite Eight semifinals
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Cal (Pa.) women’s team advances to D-II Final Four
- District college notebook: Mercyhurst gets 6 All-Americans in wrestling
- Ranked La Roche ready to soar into baseball season