Clarion's Clark out for season
By Bill Beckner Jr.
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, 1:26 a.m.
Former Highlands standout Gage Clark still has not played a down of college football. And he's been to two different schools.
Clark, a quarterback who transferred from St. Francis (Pa.) to Clarion, was ruled ineligible for this season because he hasn't met academic requirements.
He completed training camp at Clarion and was expected to be redshirted, but the latest development has him thinking ahead to next season.
“It's a messed up situation and it caught everyone off guard,” Clark said. “I was unaware of the whole situation. I wish I would have known more and maybe I would have stayed longer at St. Francis. I just wasn't happy there.”
Clark has been told he can play next season and will retain four years of eligibility.
Junior goalkeeper Brandon Daughtry (Burrell) made four saves as the Yellow Jackets edged past Franciscan, 2-1, to open the season. Daughtry was an honorable men
Senior defender Alexa Sarsfield (Springdale) and junior goalkeeper Becky Schoenecker (Fox Chapel) have helped RMU to its first 3-0 start in school history. Sarsfield had an assist in a 3-1 win over Bucknell. Schoenecker has started all three games and has five saves.
Men's cross country
Junior Richie Addison (Plum) was the Panthers' top finisher in the Duquesne Duals at Schenley Park, running a time of 26 minutes, 25.9 seconds to take fifth place.
Penn State Behrend
Senior setter Chelsea Magnusen (Plum), the AMCC Preseason Player of the Year, had 23 assists, five aces and five digs in a 3-0 victory over Baldwin-Wallace. She added 11 digs in a win against Wooster.
Freshman Maria Pallone (Valley) contributed to a win at No. 3 doubles as Westminster won its opener, 9-0, over Chatham.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PSNK beat by strong-shooting Penn State York
- Jeannette’s Paulone ends college football career
- District college notes: St. Vincent’s Ligus gets another honor
- St. Vincent seeks new football coach
- Penn State Fayette men’s and women’s basketball teams each win
- Former Gateway star off to a fast start for Thiel
- District college notes: Seton Hill’s Gattuso receives honor
- Plum grad Pietropola off to a successful start in Penn State-Behrend pool
- Daily Courier roundup: PSU Fayette women’s basketball team wins in OT
- Cal U women top Mercyhurst, 71-66
- Penn State New Kensington men fall in opener of road trip