College notes: Seton Hill pitcher recognized for summer league play
College Football Videos
Seton Hill senior Bob Carbaugh was named the Futures League Pitcher of the Year while playing for the Martha Vineyard Sharks this summer.
Carbaugh was 8-0 with an earned-run average of 1.85. In 611⁄3 innings, he struck out 50 and finished with a WHIP of 0.93. The Sharks were the regular-season champions.
UPG golf takes 7th
Senior Chris Meyer and sophomore Christian Searer each shot 82 to help the University of Pitt at Greensburg to a seventh-place finish at the Pitt-Bradford Invitational. The Bobcats finished with 341 points. Penn State Behrend won the event with 303.
Hat trick leads to win
Derry grad Tiffanni Downey scored three goals and added an assist to lead Pitt-Greensburg to a 5-1 victory against Chatham in women's soccer action. The Bobcats (1-0) also got a goal from Hempfield grad Courtney Carroll.
Seton Hill runners ranked
The Seton Hill men's and women's cross country teams both were ranked in the Top 10 of the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association preseason regional rankings. The women were ranked fifth and the men ninth in the Atlantic Region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: Debo sets Edinboro career goals record
- After long wait to be a starter, Forsythe producing big yards for Waynesburg
- Jeannette grad, Mount Union not taking opponent lightly in ‘mismatch”
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- Jeannette grad a shutdown corner, special teams standout with St. Vincent
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House