College notes: Seton Hill pitcher recognized for summer league play
College Football Videos
Seton Hill senior Bob Carbaugh was named the Futures League Pitcher of the Year while playing for the Martha Vineyard Sharks this summer.
Carbaugh was 8-0 with an earned-run average of 1.85. In 61 1⁄3 innings, he struck out 50 and finished with a WHIP of 0.93. The Sharks were the regular-season champions.
UPG golf takes 7th
Senior Chris Meyer and sophomore Christian Searer each shot 82 to help the University of Pitt at Greensburg to a seventh-place finish at the Pitt-Bradford Invitational. The Bobcats finished with 341 points. Penn State Behrend won the event with 303.
Hat trick leads to win
Derry grad Tiffanni Downey scored three goals and added an assist to lead Pitt-Greensburg to a 5-1 victory against Chatham in women's soccer action. The Bobcats (1-0) also got a goal from Hempfield grad Courtney Carroll.
Seton Hill runners ranked
The Seton Hill men's and women's cross country teams both were ranked in the Top 10 of the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association preseason regional rankings. The women were ranked fifth and the men ninth in the Atlantic Region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: Pair of Pitt wrestlers win titles at Keystone Classic
- Duquesne eyes NEC football title, 1st FCS berth
- Alle-Kiski Campus Clippings: Huska takes double honor from PSAC
- Plum's Ellis, Kondis fare well for Mercyhurst football team
- On campus: Williams, Dukes gearing up for NCAA football playoffs