College notes: Seton Hill pitcher recognized for summer league play
College Football Videos
Seton Hill senior Bob Carbaugh was named the Futures League Pitcher of the Year while playing for the Martha Vineyard Sharks this summer.
Carbaugh was 8-0 with an earned-run average of 1.85. In 61 1⁄3 innings, he struck out 50 and finished with a WHIP of 0.93. The Sharks were the regular-season champions.
UPG golf takes 7th
Senior Chris Meyer and sophomore Christian Searer each shot 82 to help the University of Pitt at Greensburg to a seventh-place finish at the Pitt-Bradford Invitational. The Bobcats finished with 341 points. Penn State Behrend won the event with 303.
Hat trick leads to win
Derry grad Tiffanni Downey scored three goals and added an assist to lead Pitt-Greensburg to a 5-1 victory against Chatham in women's soccer action. The Bobcats (1-0) also got a goal from Hempfield grad Courtney Carroll.
Seton Hill runners ranked
The Seton Hill men's and women's cross country teams both were ranked in the Top 10 of the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association preseason regional rankings. The women were ranked fifth and the men ninth in the Atlantic Region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: Guy vaults to freshman record at Virginia
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- Gateway grad Nosbisch earns PAC, region honors for pool efforts
- District college notebook: IUP senior nets 1,000th career point
- Jeannette’s Crawford twins finding basketball success with WCCC
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski swimmers shine at Edinboro
- District college notes: Latrobe grad sets record at Virginia Tech
- Unselfish play helps St. Vincent women to special season
- Gateway alums make PAC Honor Roll