District college football roundup: Seton Hills falls in season opener
College Football Videos
Seton Hill quarterback Nick Halfhill threw for 305 yards and four touchdowns on 27-of-42 passing, but the Griffins (0-1) fell to Fairmont State, 37-29, in their season opener Thursday. Seton Hill receiver Norman Darden caught eight passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns.
Edinboro 35, Walsh 34 — Quarterback Cody Harris completed 36 of 47 for 306 yards and four touchdowns as Edinboro (1-0) started the season with a 35-34 nonconference victory.
Gannon 36, Lake Erie 33 — Quarterback Liam Nadler went 25 of 42 for 398 yards with three touchdowns, including a 1-yard score with a minute left to lead Gannon (1-0). Gannon running back Jansen Jones ran for 218 yards and a touchdown and caught a 15-yard touchdown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football preview: The Rock, IUP look to keep pace in PSAC West
- After long wait to be a starter, Forsythe producing big yards for Waynesburg
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- Jeannette grad, Mount Union not taking opponent lightly in ‘mismatch”
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- District college notebook: Debo sets Edinboro career goals record
- Valley grad Brennan leads W&J tennis team into PAC finals
- PSNK men’s soccer enjoying rebirth
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback