District college football roundup: Seton Hills falls in season opener
College Football Videos
Seton Hill quarterback Nick Halfhill threw for 305 yards and four touchdowns on 27-of-42 passing, but the Griffins (0-1) fell to Fairmont State, 37-29, in their season opener Thursday. Seton Hill receiver Norman Darden caught eight passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns.
Edinboro 35, Walsh 34 — Quarterback Cody Harris completed 36 of 47 for 306 yards and four touchdowns as Edinboro (1-0) started the season with a 35-34 nonconference victory.
Gannon 36, Lake Erie 33 — Quarterback Liam Nadler went 25 of 42 for 398 yards with three touchdowns, including a 1-yard score with a minute left to lead Gannon (1-0). Gannon running back Jansen Jones ran for 218 yards and a touchdown and caught a 15-yard touchdown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC
- Seton Hill women look to improve on 5-win PSAC season
- District college roundup: Waynesburg hands playoff-bound W&J first loss
- CMU women’s soccer gets a kick out of winning
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- Discipline key as Seton-La Salle product balances CMU football, academics
- Campus clippings: Keeper Daughtry scores a goal for Waynesburg
- Penn Hills grad returns from injury to help nationally ranked Wingate volleyball