District college football roundup: Seton Hills falls in season opener
College Football Videos
Seton Hill quarterback Nick Halfhill threw for 305 yards and four touchdowns on 27-of-42 passing, but the Griffins (0-1) fell to Fairmont State, 37-29, in their season opener Thursday. Seton Hill receiver Norman Darden caught eight passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns.
Edinboro 35, Walsh 34 — Quarterback Cody Harris completed 36 of 47 for 306 yards and four touchdowns as Edinboro (1-0) started the season with a 35-34 nonconference victory.
Gannon 36, Lake Erie 33 — Quarterback Liam Nadler went 25 of 42 for 398 yards with three touchdowns, including a 1-yard score with a minute left to lead Gannon (1-0). Gannon running back Jansen Jones ran for 218 yards and a touchdown and caught a 15-yard touchdown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates
- District football preview: Preseason favorites IUP, Cal (Pa.) still finding full potential
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area grad Smith inducted into Bethany Hall of Fame
- District college notes: GCC grad Stone earns NEC honor
- Seton Hill soccer player owns impressive streak
- Jeannette grad a shutdown corner, special teams standout with St. Vincent
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl