District college football roundup: Seton Hills falls in season opener
College Football Videos
Seton Hill quarterback Nick Halfhill threw for 305 yards and four touchdowns on 27-of-42 passing, but the Griffins (0-1) fell to Fairmont State, 37-29, in their season opener Thursday. Seton Hill receiver Norman Darden caught eight passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns.
Edinboro 35, Walsh 34 — Quarterback Cody Harris completed 36 of 47 for 306 yards and four touchdowns as Edinboro (1-0) started the season with a 35-34 nonconference victory.
Gannon 36, Lake Erie 33 — Quarterback Liam Nadler went 25 of 42 for 398 yards with three touchdowns, including a 1-yard score with a minute left to lead Gannon (1-0). Gannon running back Jansen Jones ran for 218 yards and a touchdown and caught a 15-yard touchdown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Va. State will test Cal U’s defense
- District college roundup: Clairon clobbers Lock Haven
- Kiski Area graduate Kuhn set to help YSU take on Pitt on Saturday
- District college game of the week: No. 8 John Carroll at St. Vincent
- Expectations high for young Penn State New Kensington soccer team
- Gateway grad Parrish ready to do his part for Panthers
- Slippery Rock DE Martin plans to bedevil quarterbacks
- D3 football preview: Last year’s impact freshmen look to avoid sophomore jinx
- Cal (Pa.) women’s volleyball seeks strong follow-up to last year’s PSAC title season
- Jeannette an ‘important school’ to St. Vincent football coach Dolciato
- District college notebook: RMU’s Brett nets 2nd 4-goal game of career