District college football roundup: Seton Hills falls in season opener
College Football Videos
Seton Hill quarterback Nick Halfhill threw for 305 yards and four touchdowns on 27-of-42 passing, but the Griffins (0-1) fell to Fairmont State, 37-29, in their season opener Thursday. Seton Hill receiver Norman Darden caught eight passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns.
Edinboro 35, Walsh 34 — Quarterback Cody Harris completed 36 of 47 for 306 yards and four touchdowns as Edinboro (1-0) started the season with a 35-34 nonconference victory.
Gannon 36, Lake Erie 33 — Quarterback Liam Nadler went 25 of 42 for 398 yards with three touchdowns, including a 1-yard score with a minute left to lead Gannon (1-0). Gannon running back Jansen Jones ran for 218 yards and a touchdown and caught a 15-yard touchdown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notes: Seton Hill sweeps lacrosse awards
- WCCC women’s basketball team captures 3rd straight conference championship
- District college notebook: Pine-Richland’s Giordano wins gold at ACC championships
- W&J softball team likes underdog role
- Point Park basketball player finds home-court advantage
- Campus clippings: Schrecongost, Stein excel at PSAC swimming championships
- Seton-La Salle graduate Heintz brings scoring touch to Mercyhurst
- District college notes: St. Vincent women open PAC tournament Friday
- Cal U men honor Dana Zajicek