District College Notebook: Seton Hill men's soccer team improve to 3-1
College Football Videos
The Seton Hill men's soccer team moved to 3-1 by defeating Lock Haven, 3-1, on Saturday. Bovey Masiole, Matt Sangermano and Trevor Martz scored goals for the Griffins. They are 2-0 in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference.
The women's soccer team improved to 2-2 overall and in PSAC action by defeating Bloomsburg, 1-0, and Lock Haven, 2-0.
Rivals Cup match
The men's soccer match between St. Vincent and Pitt Greensburg on Wednesday was named “The Rivals Cup.” The match will begin at 4 p.m. at UPG's Ridilla Field.
St. Vincent coach Keith Harmon said this will be something great for the two programs and should be exciting for the players, coaches and fans. It's a natural rivalry.
St. Vincent is 1-6, and UPG is 0-6.
Griffins finish third
Seton Hill's women's cross country team finished third at the D2/D3 Challenge at Kutztown. Jeannine Bujdos finished third overall, and Meagan Carter placed eighth.
Weekend hockey event
The Allegheny Hockey Association will host a “Welcome Back Hockey” event Saturday and Sunday at Center Ice Arena in Delmont.
One of the events will be a sled hockey game between Buffalo and the Pittsburgh Mighty Penguins at noon Sunday.
The game will be played by athletes with disabilities using special sleds to move around the ice.
The game will feature four players who are on the USA National Sled Hockey team.
Admission to the game is free.
Center Ice also will have half-price admission and skate rental for public skating sessions both days.
A hockey training open house and skill competitions, both on and off the ice, will be at various times during the weekend.
There will be specials both days on hockey equipment and apparel at the arena.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- Jeannette grad, Mount Union not taking opponent lightly in ‘mismatch”
- St. Vincent offensive system fits Jeannette graduate Craft
- Injuries rattle Jeannette grad’s freshman season with Seton Hill
- District college notes: Derry grad Gulibon captures Big 10 honor
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC
- Seton Hill women look to improve on 5-win PSAC season
- Jeannette native Mahoney sees big things for Mount Union