District College Notebook: Seton Hill men's soccer team improve to 3-1
College Football Videos
The Seton Hill men's soccer team moved to 3-1 by defeating Lock Haven, 3-1, on Saturday. Bovey Masiole, Matt Sangermano and Trevor Martz scored goals for the Griffins. They are 2-0 in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference.
The women's soccer team improved to 2-2 overall and in PSAC action by defeating Bloomsburg, 1-0, and Lock Haven, 2-0.
Rivals Cup match
The men's soccer match between St. Vincent and Pitt Greensburg on Wednesday was named “The Rivals Cup.” The match will begin at 4 p.m. at UPG's Ridilla Field.
St. Vincent coach Keith Harmon said this will be something great for the two programs and should be exciting for the players, coaches and fans. It's a natural rivalry.
St. Vincent is 1-6, and UPG is 0-6.
Griffins finish third
Seton Hill's women's cross country team finished third at the D2/D3 Challenge at Kutztown. Jeannine Bujdos finished third overall, and Meagan Carter placed eighth.
Weekend hockey event
The Allegheny Hockey Association will host a “Welcome Back Hockey” event Saturday and Sunday at Center Ice Arena in Delmont.
One of the events will be a sled hockey game between Buffalo and the Pittsburgh Mighty Penguins at noon Sunday.
The game will be played by athletes with disabilities using special sleds to move around the ice.
The game will feature four players who are on the USA National Sled Hockey team.
Admission to the game is free.
Center Ice also will have half-price admission and skate rental for public skating sessions both days.
A hockey training open house and skill competitions, both on and off the ice, will be at various times during the weekend.
There will be specials both days on hockey equipment and apparel at the arena.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football preview: The Rock, IUP look to keep pace in PSAC West
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’
- Valley grad Brennan leads W&J tennis team into PAC finals
- After long wait to be a starter, Forsythe producing big yards for Waynesburg
- District college notebook: Debo sets Edinboro career goals record
- VND campus clippings: W&J kicker Davis named PAC special teams player of the week
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- Jeannette grad, Mount Union not taking opponent lightly in ‘mismatch”