Robert Morris men to face Kentucky again
College Football Videos
Robert Morris' men's basketball schedule for the 2013-14 season was released Monday and it features a rematch against the preseason No. 1 according to numerous magazines, Kentucky.
This time, however, the Colonials, who shocked the Wildcats in the opening round of the NIT, 59-57, at the Sewell Center in Moon Township, will be traveling to Rupp Arena in Lexington on Nov. 17.
The 15-game nonconference schedule also includes road games against Alabama (Jan. 4), Oklahoma State (Dec. 30) and city-rival Duquesne (Dec. 14), and home games against Savannah State (Nov. 9), Texas-Arlington (Nov. 21), Toledo (Dec. 7) and Campbell (Dec. 18).
“It's going to be an immense challenge,” Robert Morris basketball coach Andy Toole said. “The success we've had over the years has made it more difficult to find games. It's going to be a challenge, but an exciting challenge.
“We have some veterans returning and good group of new players. Hopefully, the schedule prepares them for the Northeast Conference schedule.”
Robert Morris opens NEC action at Sacred Heart (Jan. 9) and Bryant (Jan. 11). The first NEC home game is against rival St. Francis on Jan. 16.
The Colonials will play an exhibition game Oct. 28 against California (Pa.) University.
Paul Schofield is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @Schofield_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Slippery Rock’s Greene rushes to top of D-II list
- A-K Valley campus clippings: Ex-Valley standout McNabb enters IUP Hall of Fame
- District college notebook: CMU goalie helps women’s team to No. 4 ranking
- District college notebook: St. Vincent men’s soccer rallies for victory
- District college roundup: No. 22 Slippery Rock eases past Seton Hill
- District college notes: UPG tennis stays perfect
- District college football preview: Gannon, Clarion clash with top defenses
- Freeport twins inseparable at West Virginia Wesleyan
- Duquesne bounces back with win against Dayton
- Mars grad returns from injury, shines for Kent State women’s soccer
- Cal U to open PSAC West play at home