Local college notebook: WCCC baseball team to host golf outing
College Football Videos
The Westmoreland County Community College baseball team's annual golf outing will be Sunday at Glengarry Golf Links. The event will begin with a 1:30 p.m. shotgun start.
Anyone interested in signing up a foursome or individuals should contact either Mike Draghi (724-454-2802 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Terry Mularski (724-858-6871 or email@example.com). Cost is $80 per person.
Tee box sponsorships are available for $25.
Kissell wins title
Latrobe High School golfer Chad Kissell captured the Norvelt Golf Club Championship with a two-round total of 152, beating Ken Polakovsky, who shot a 153.
Kim Stanek won the women's division with a 159.
Huston helps Grove City
Latrobe freshman Stevie Huston placed 21st and helped the Grove City women's cross country team to a fourth-place finish at the Chatham Invitational Saturday.
Waynesburg won the event with 40 points followed by Geneva (70), Point Park (73) and Grove City (94).
Latrobe CC hosts event
The annual Member/Guest Fall Classic at Latrobe Country Club was won by the team of Doc Giffin, Dr. Pete Hutchinson, Joe Biss and Harry Smith with a 21-under par.
Finishing second at 17-under par was the team of Jeff Burzawa, Dr. Rom Cline, Kurt Kuyat and Paul Fichner. They edged the team of Bill Owens, Tom Sarp, Jim Ray and Tom Willis, who were at 15-under par.
Jim McHugh, Alex Piato, Dr. Kevin Metsger and Rob Rogers won the skill prizes.
Flasher leads Penn State Altoona
Mackenzie Flasher (Latrobe) shot an 8-over-par 80 and finished 11th for Penn State Altoona at the Penn State Behrend Invitational at Lake View Country Club in North East.
Penn State Altoona finished fourth with a 331 score — behind Penn State Behrend (309) and Grove City (315).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westminster senior Jones finds groove on mound
- Cal U softballers successful again
- Campus clippings: Ailing back doesn’t slow Allegheny’s Killian
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Kenna honored by ORLC
- Serra’s Miller thriving at Seton Hill after rough 1st season
- District college notebook: Cal’s Fennell off to hot start in PSAC play
- District college notebook: Seton Hill baseball team slugs its way to 6-0 week
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game