District college notes: WCCC baseball team set to host golf outing
College Football Videos
The Westmoreland County Community College baseball team's annual golf outing will be Sunday at Glengarry Golf Links. The event will begin with a 1:30 p.m. shotgun start.
Anyone interested in signing up a foursome or individuals wishing to play should contact either Mike Draghi (724-454-2802 or email@example.com) or Terry Mularski (724-858-6871 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Seton Hill golfer honored
Seton Hill's Chelsea Sipes was named Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Women's Golfer of the Week for her performance at the Allegheny Invitational on Sunday and Monday at the Country Club of Meadville.
Sipes finished third with a two-round total of 162. Sipes helped lead Seton Hill to a second-place finish.
Seton Hill men unbeaten
The Griffins remained the only unbeaten team in PSAC by rallying to tie California (Pa.), 3-3, on Saturday.
SHU scored twice in less than 30 seconds to rally back and tie the score and keep its unbeaten streak at four in PSAC play (3-0-1, 6-1-1 overall).
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee at Pitt-Greensburg announced Jeremy Niemiec and Shayla Landman as the Bobcats Athletes of the Week.
Niemiec, a junior captain on the men's soccer team, scored on a penalty kick in overtime Saturday to give his team a 1-0 victory over Thiel.
Landman, a sophomore transfer for the Bobcats tennis team, went 2-0 this past weekend playing at first singles while also going 2-0 with teammate Cayla Ray at first doubles.
Seton Hill hires sisters
New Seton Hill women's basketball coach Mark Katarski completed his staff by hiring sisters.
Julie Kaufman was named assistant coach. She previously was an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Shepherd and a graduate assistant at Hood.
Her sister, Jamie Kaufman, was named graduate assistant. She comes from West Virginia Wesleyan, where she served as a graduate assistant in 2012 and where she scored 1,429 points and had 724 rebounds.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- Campus clippings: Cratsenberg has 17-tackle game for VMI
- Cal U quietly added football players with criminal backgrounds
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC
- Discipline key as Seton-La Salle product balances CMU football, academics
- Penn State Fayette wrestling offers room to grow
- Seton Hill women look to improve on 5-win PSAC season
- Campus clippings: Dukes’ Mason makes easy transition