District college notes: Boczar helps Pitt-Greensburg
College Football Videos
Ligonier Valley graduate Lauren Boczar, a senior, is one of the top runners for the Pitt-Greensburg cross country team.
Boczar finished 15th Saturday at the Bobcat Invitational, hosted by Pitt-Greensburg.
Seton Hill senior forward Madison Gourley scored a goal with 1:46 left in a second overtime to lift her team to a 3-2 victory against Lake Erie. Seton Hill is 4-7.
Freshman Bri Kostan scored two goals during regulation for the Griffins, and senior goalkeeper Bethany Winter had six saves.
For the men, freshman Matt Sangermano helped Seton Hill (8-1-1) run its unbeaten streak to eight by scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win against Wheeling Jesuit. Goalkeeper Jordan Sodhi recorded only two saves.
A first at Seton Hill
Seton Hill women's tennis earned its first victory in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference with an 8-1 rout of Shippensburg.
Megan Hudak (Penn-Trafford) won her singles match and teamed up with Faith Finoli (Greensburg Central Catholic) in a doubles win. Chelsea Pence (Southmoreland) also won her singles match. She teamed up with Michelle Vawter in a doubles win.
UPG's Landman honored
The Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference named Pitt-Greensburg sophomore Shayla Landman as its women's tennis player of the week.
Landman (Mt. Pleasant) was 4-0, picking up singles and doubles victories against Franciscan and La Roche. She teamed up with junior Cayla Ray (Derry) in the doubles matches. Pitt-Greensburg is now 3-3.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- Slippery Rock slips up in ‘surreal’ trip to Big House
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- District college notes: GCC grad Stone earns NEC honor
- Seton Hill soccer player owns impressive streak
- District college notebook: Holstrom’s 2 goals in win over UConn helps Penn State set single-game record
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl