District college notes: Boczar helps Pitt-Greensburg
College Football Videos
Ligonier Valley graduate Lauren Boczar, a senior, is one of the top runners for the Pitt-Greensburg cross country team.
Boczar finished 15th Saturday at the Bobcat Invitational, hosted by Pitt-Greensburg.
Seton Hill senior forward Madison Gourley scored a goal with 1:46 left in a second overtime to lift her team to a 3-2 victory against Lake Erie. Seton Hill is 4-7.
Freshman Bri Kostan scored two goals during regulation for the Griffins, and senior goalkeeper Bethany Winter had six saves.
For the men, freshman Matt Sangermano helped Seton Hill (8-1-1) run its unbeaten streak to eight by scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win against Wheeling Jesuit. Goalkeeper Jordan Sodhi recorded only two saves.
A first at Seton Hill
Seton Hill women's tennis earned its first victory in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference with an 8-1 rout of Shippensburg.
Megan Hudak (Penn-Trafford) won her singles match and teamed up with Faith Finoli (Greensburg Central Catholic) in a doubles win. Chelsea Pence (Southmoreland) also won her singles match. She teamed up with Michelle Vawter in a doubles win.
UPG's Landman honored
The Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference named Pitt-Greensburg sophomore Shayla Landman as its women's tennis player of the week.
Landman (Mt. Pleasant) was 4-0, picking up singles and doubles victories against Franciscan and La Roche. She teamed up with junior Cayla Ray (Derry) in the doubles matches. Pitt-Greensburg is now 3-3.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Two cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Locke gets rocked as Pirates are knocked off by Diamondbacks
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Liberty Tunnel set to close; other highway projects around Pittsburgh also to start
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Pro runners go extra mile prior to Downtown Pittsburgh event
- Pa. senator investigates Rocky Mountain high at taxpayers’ expense
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Elizabeth Bridge to receive $17.1M rehabilitation