District college notes: Seton Hill women's cross country wins at CMU
College Football Videos
The Seton Hill women's cross country team captured the 19-team Carnegie Mellon Invitational on Saturday at Schenley Park, edging nationally ranked Indiana (Pa.).
Both teams finished with 36 points, but Seton Hill was determined the winner because its sixth runner finished before IUP's.
Jeannie Bujdos finished third for Seton Hill, Alyssa Brandis was fourth and Meagan Carter sixth. Leah Scott (11th) and Chelsia Poole (13th) rounded out the top five finishers. Mary Janak finished 14th and proved to be the difference for the Griffins.
Seton Hill will compete in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference championship Oct. 26 at Kutztown.
Griffins share golf title
The Seton Hill women's golf team tied for first place with Kutztown at the Sally Carroll Open on Saturday at Hannastown Golf Club. Both teams finished with a 334 team total.
Morgan Miller finished second for Seton Hill with an 81. Nina Gonzalez tied for third with an 82 and Emily Hassey was sixth with an 83.
Seton Hill will compete in the PSAC Championship at Hershey on Saturday.
Pitt-Greensburg golfers finish third
After shooting a season-best 315 during the first day of the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference golf championship at Oak Tree Country Club in West Middlesex, Pitt-Greensburg ended up in third place (644) behind Penn State Behrend (6-2) and Pitt-Bradford (627).
Jared DelBianco led UPG with a 159 and Chris Cline had a 162.
It was the team's highest finish since 2002 when it was also third.
Fratto, Gans claim PAC honor
St. Vincent cross country runner Genie Fratto and tennis player Amanda Gans each received Presidents' Athletic Conference weekly honors.
This is the fourth time Fratto (Latrobe High School/Greensburg) has won the award after she finished ninth at the annual DeSales Invitational, with a time of 24 minutes, 16 seconds.
This is Gans' first honor. She was a perfect 4-0 in tennis matches against Geneva and Pitt-Greensburg. She teamed up with Jacquelyn Hauser (Greensburg Central Catholic/Greensburg) in doubles wins.
Lil' Dribblers Clinic
Seton Hill women's basketball will hold a Lil' Dribblers Clinics for girls ages 3 to 8, from 10:30 a.m. to noon Nov. 29, Dec. 30 and Jan. 20 at Salvitti Gym in the McKenna Center. Cost is $15 and each player will get a basketball. For more information, contact coach Mark Katarski at email@example.com or 724-830-1134.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hampton grad’s return from injury buoys La Roche College womens soccer
- Thomas Jefferson grads competing with new Carlow men’s basketball team
- District college notebook: IUP senior puts Stamp on program
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Thiel big man Mallinger thrives on rejection
- Even while injured, Jeanette’s Edmunds a contributor for St. Vincent football
- Campus clippings: Springdale grad nets All-PAC honors
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- Cal U falls to Findlay after earning No. 22 ranking
- Campus clippings: Keeper Daughtry scores a goal for Waynesburg