District college notes: St. Vincent cross country running strong
College Football Videos
The St. Vincent women's cross country team placed 11th at the sixth annual Gettysburg Invitational on Saturday.
Freshman Shiana Contic (Greensburg Salem/Greensburg) was first across the line for St. Vincent, placing 41st overall in a time of 24 minutes, 28 seconds.
Junior Carly Meholic (Latrobe/Latrobe) was the fourth runner across the finish line for St. Vincent, placing 12th in 26:22. Sophomore Meghan Obusek (Greensburg Central Catholic/Mt. Pleasant) rounded out the scoring, finishing 151st in 27:09.
Also competing was sophomore Rachel Denino (Greensburg Central Catholic/Greensburg), who finished 203rd in 28.35.
Dickinson was first with 32 points, followed by Shippensburg with 125. There were 27 teams in the race.
Stadelman reaches season-high
Senior hitter Kayla Stadelman recorded a season-high 18 kills in leading St. Vincent to a 3-1 victory against Thiel in women's volleyball action.
St. Vincent is now 11-4 in its past 15 matches and improved to 14-12 overall and 3-9 in the Presidents Athletic Conference. Senior libero Megan Lucas had a game-high 35 digs, and sophomore Brittany George added 16.
The team split matches Saturday, defeating Penn State-Fayette, 3-0, but falling to Geneva, 3-1.
Neish records winner
Junior midfielder Abbey Neish (Hempfield Area/Greensburg) scored the only goal in the 81st minute to lead St. Vincent to a 1-0 victory against Thiel in women's soccer action.
Goalkeeper Cassie Overly (Hempfield Area/Greensburg) recorded her fifth shutout of the season and made three saves.
The victory improved the Bearcats to 7-6-1 overall and 2-2-1 in the Presidents Athletic Conference.
The St. Vincent men's soccer team also defeated Thiel, 4-0. Kevin Proctor had two goals and an assist for St. Vincent.
Lil' Dribblers Clinic
Seton Hill University women's basketball team will hold a Lil' Dribblers Clinics for girls ages 3 to 8 from 10:30 a.m. to noon Nov. 29, Dec. 30 and Jan. 20 at Salvitti Gym in the McKenna Center. Cost is $15 and each player will get a basketball. For information, contact Mark Katarski at email@example.com or 724-830-1134.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college notebook: Cal’s Fennell off to hot start in PSAC play
- Westminster senior Jones finds groove on mound
- Cal U softballers successful again
- College notes: St. Vincent’s Kenna honored by ORLC
- Campus clippings: Ailing back doesn’t slow Allegheny’s Killian
- Soccer career continues for Springdale grad Weimerskirch
- Munhall’s Strom helps Cal (Pa.) rise to the top
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Cal (Pa.) women’s team advances to D-II Final Four
- Thomas Jefferson grad wraps up impressive Penn State Fayette career
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area graduate Antone productive at plate for Winthrop