Slippery Rock to visit 'Big House' in 2014
College Football Videos
Slippery Rock is going back to the “Big House.”
The University of Michigan announced Saturday that Slippery Rock will play Mercyhurst in a Division II football game Oct. 18, 2014 at Michigan Stadium. The game will commemorate the 35th anniversary of Slippery Rock's first visit to Ann Arbor.
The game, which will occur on Michigan's bye week, will be the third time Slippery Rock has played at Michigan Stadium. In 1979, Slippery Rock lost 45-14 to Shippensburg before 61,143 fans, the largest crowd to see a Division II game. In 1981, Slippery Rock lost 14-13 to Wayne State (Mich.).
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kiski Area graduate Kuhn set to help YSU take on Pitt on Saturday
- Va. State will test Cal U’s defense
- District college game of the week: No. 8 John Carroll at St. Vincent
- Expectations high for young Penn State New Kensington soccer team
- Gateway grad Parrish ready to do his part for Panthers
- District college roundup: Clairon clobbers Lock Haven
- Jeannette an ‘important school’ to St. Vincent football coach Dolciato
- District college notes: WCCC duo continuing college baseball careers
- Switching roles on defense doesn’t faze Duquesne LB Stone
- District college notebook: RMU’s Brett nets 2nd 4-goal game of career
- Freeport grad Turner hard to miss for Washington & Jefferson