District college notes: St. Vincent's Poole again honored as Runner of the Week
College Football Videos
St. Vincent senior Chansler Poole won his fourth Presidents' Athletic Conference Runner of the Week honor for placing sixth at the Inter-Regional Rumble at Oberlin College in Ohio.
Poole finished the 8K course in 25 minutes, 30.29 seconds. St. Vincent finished 10th overall.
St. Vincent stays hot
The St. Vincent women's soccer team improved to 9-6-1 overall, 4-2-1 in the Presidents' Athletic Conference with its third consecutive 1-0 victory.
The Bearcats defeated Bethany on a goal by Meghan Smith. Cassie Overly (Hempfield/Greensburg) was the goalkeeper. SVC has also defeated Thiel and Geneva during the current streak.
Lingafelt leads St. Vincent golfers
Derek Lingafelt tied for the overall championship, and he helped the St. Vincent men's golf team to a 16-shot win over Washington & Jefferson at the Presidents' Athletic Conference Fall Invitational at Oak Tree Country Club. Lingafelt finished with 144.
Pletcher, Zavatsky win
Latrobe wrestlers Luke Pletcher and Zack Zavatsky captured belts at the annual Super 32 preseason wrestling tournament in Greensboro, N.C., on Sunday.
Pletcher, a sophomore and returning WPIAL and PIAA Class AAA 106-pound champion, won the 120-pound title by pinning Derry sophomore and PIAA Class AA 113-pound champion George Phillippi.
Zavatsky, a senior who will wrestle at Virginia Tech, won the 182-pound title. He defeated Nicky Hall of New York, 5-2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hampton grad’s return from injury buoys La Roche College womens soccer
- Thomas Jefferson grads competing with new Carlow men’s basketball team
- Thiel big man Mallinger thrives on rejection
- Cal U falls to Findlay after earning No. 22 ranking
- District college notebook: IUP senior puts Stamp on program
- Campus clippings: Springdale grad nets All-PAC honors
- Even while injured, Jeanette’s Edmunds a contributor for St. Vincent football
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- District college notes: Seton Hill football ends with victory
- Seton Hill men prepare for 2nd year in PSAC