Southmoreland grad earns PAC honor
College Football Videos
Washington and Jefferson senior Holly Shipley earned her second Presidents' Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week honor for the 2013 season.
Shipley, a Southmoreland graduate, concluded her four-year career with the women's soccer team by scoring six goals and adding an assist during a two-game span. Shipley registered back-to-back hat tricks against Thiel and Bethany. The three-goal efforts were the fourth and fifth of her career.
Shipley's 20 goals led the conference and set a single-season school record. Shipley finished her career with 61 goals, which tied her for first among W&J players with Nicole Bosley Bednarski. She is second all-time in the program's history in assists (33) and points (155).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- VND Campus clippings: Leechburg graduate Barto picks up initial college victory at Gannon
- District football roundup: Cal (Pa.) staves off late IUP comeback
- District football preview: Preseason favorites IUP, Cal (Pa.) still finding full potential
- Seton Hill soccer player owns impressive streak
- Former Springdale soccer star creating opportunities for La Roche teammates
- District college notes: St. Vincent women win twice
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area grad Smith inducted into Bethany Hall of Fame
- Thomas Jefferson grad stars on defensive line, and more, at Bethany
- Slippery Rock football returns to Big House
- Cal U-IUP vie in Coal Bowl
- GCC grad Crouse makes quick impact for Penn State women’s soccer