Derry alum Gulibon ranked No. 11 for Penn State wrestling
College Football Videos
Penn State redshirt freshman wrestler Jimmy Gulibon (Derry) finished fourth at the Binghamton Open. He posted a 4-2 record.
Gulibon is ranked No. 11 in the country at 133 pounds. He had a pin and a major decision in the tournament.
Pennesi ranked No. 17
West Virginia senior wrestler Nathan Pennesi, who sat out the Mountaineers' trip to Charlottesville, Va., was expected to make his season debut at Mercyhurst.
Pennesi (Latrobe), a three-time NCAA Championships qualifier, leads WVU with 75 career wins and tallied a team-high 22 victories in 2012-13. In the latest poll released by InterMat, Pennesi is ranked No. 17 in the 133-pound weight class.
Allegheny College senior linebacker Brad Burkley (Latrobe) has been selected to the 2013 Capital One Academic All-District Team as presented by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). His name will move to a national vote for Academic All-America.
Burkley has bounced back from an early-season injury to regain his role as a mainstay on the Gators' defense. In seven games, he has 31 tackles, including five tackles for loss, while also adding an interception and three passes defensed. In his third year as a full-time starter, he is the Gators' active leader in career tackles with 134. He has also 191⁄2 tackles for loss and 61⁄2 sacks in 35 career games.
A mathematics major and economics minor, Burkley is a three-time Doane and Alden Scholar, carrying a grade-point average of 3.94.
National voting for Academic All-America will began Nov. 12 with the final Capital One Academic All-America teams announced at the end of the month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college roundup: No. 22 Slippery Rock eases past Seton Hill
- Baldwin grads key to Carlow women’s soccer offense
- Ruffing blossoms in Washington & Jefferson backfield
- Jeannette grad relishes St. Vincent football’s first win since 2011
- Penn-Trafford grad Yauger stepping up for Clarion defense
- District college football preview: W&J on cusp of 700 victories
- Campus Clippings: Plum graduate Yurovsky thriving for Michigan tennis team
- District college football preview: Gannon, Clarion clash with top defenses
- Mars grad returns from injury, shines for Kent State women’s soccer
- Cal U to open PSAC West play at home