Disrict college notes: Seton Hill women open with victory
College Football Videos
The Mark Katarski era as women's basketball coach at Seton Hill began Monday with his team defeating West Virginia Tech, 90-76, on the road.
Paige Alviani tossed in a game-high 25 points. Katie Gattuso chipped in with 17 points and nine rebounds, Tiara Stossel added 16 points, and Meghan Mastroianni and Kelly Brennan each had 10.
Seton Hill shot 80 percent from the foul line and 51.7 percent from the field.
West Virginia Tech is 0-4.
Seton Hill rolls Pitt-Greensburg
With six players scoring double figures, the Seton Hill men's basketball team opened the season with a 90-54 victory against city rival Pitt-Greensburg on Saturday.
Noah Davis came off the bench to score 15 points and freshman Zach Herman, a Greensburg Central Catholic grad, added 10.
Malachi Leonard had 14 points and 12 rebounds, and Skylar Jones had 12 rebounds.
Jerell Figueroa led Pitt-Greensburg with 10.
SH cross country places 5th in NCAAs
The Seton Hill women's cross country team finished fifth in the NCAA Division II Atlantic Regional at Lock Haven. Edinboro, Mansfield, Indiana and Shippensburg placed in the top four and advanced to the nationals.
Alyssa Brandis and Jeannie Bujdos earned all-region honors for placing 22nd and 23rd.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- College notes: St. Vincent men win PAC tournament
- Cal U women overcome Gannon in PSAC quarterfinal
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- St. Vincent men, La Roche women open NCAA D-III tourney Friday
- Point Park basketball player finds home-court advantage
- Cal U women hope to end Gannon hex tonight