St. Vincent senior earns another trip to cross country national meet
College Football Videos
St. Vincent senior runner Chansler Poole earned his third consecutive trip to the NCAA Division III Nationals with a sixth-place finish at the NCAA Mideast Regionals at Lehigh University.
Poole (Penn-Trafford) ran a 24:52 and set a new school record of the 8K distance.
The St. Vincent men finished 10th, while the women finished 30th.
Daugherty sets mark
Lock Haven junior Emily Daugherty (Ligonier Valley) scored a career-high 33 points in a 91-86 loss to New York Institute of Technology.
Daugherty also had seven rebounds and five steals.
Daugherty was held to 11 points in Lock Haven's 50-47 loss to Goldey-Beacom at the Wolf's Bus Lines Classic at Shippensburg University.
She is averaging 22.3 points per game. Lock Haven is 1-2.
St. Vincent men open with a split
After falling to Penn State-Beaver to open the season, St. Vincent bounced back to defeat La Roche, 71-59, on Saturday.
Isaac Turner and Dillon Stith each scored 24 points in the win.
Penn State-Beaver edged St. Vincent, 85-83. Stith scored 24 points, Turner added 20 while Sean Kett had 14 points and 13 rebounds.
St. Vincent is heading to the University of California-Santa Cruz Classic. St. Vincent will play California Institute of Technology on Friday and either Linfield or UC-Santa Cruz on Saturday.
Bearcats finish winless
Despite scoring five touchdowns, St. Vincent dropped a 56-35 decision to Bethany in the final football game of the season.
St. Vincent quarterback Andy Borgen completed 14 of 31 passes for 275 yards, while running back Jaleel Morris rushed for a career-high 105 yards.
The Bearcats (0-10, 0-8 Presidents' Athletic Conference) has dropped 21-consecutive games.
Daniels, Overly first teamers
Seniors Lindsey Daniels and Cassie Overly were named to the Presidents' Athletic Conference women's first-team soccer team.
Daniels was a defender and Overly (Hempfield Area) was a goalkeeper.
Named to the second team were Elly Colvin and Meghan Smith.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IUP can’t hold 10-point lead, loses D-II playoff game to Shepherd
- District Game of the Week: Assumption at Slippery Rock
- Slippery Rock halts late rally, advances to D-II quarterfinals
- On campus: Williams, Dukes gearing up for NCAA football playoffs
- Sports injury discussion set for Cal U
- Campus clippings: Kiski Area grad Frye top PAC punter at Bethany
- Cal U women have ‘banner’ weekend
- Position switch helps St. Vincent freshman Altieri make early impact
- Alle-Kiski Campus Clippings: Huska takes double honor from PSAC
- Plum's Ellis, Kondis fare well for Mercyhurst football team
- Buleca off to strong start in 2nd season with Point Park women’s basketball team